What are your thoughts on upcoming changes to 649

Xl

Last report was the price going to $3 a line from $2. In return we get free plays on 2 number hits and a crack at a guaranteed $1 mil each draw.

Does anyone know how the $1 mil draw will happen? Is it drawn from the numbers I play or will a separate number be issued on the ticket? What if I buy 1 line or 8?

I like the idea of an extra 1mil up for grabs but if you like to play a wheel its going to hurt. What costs $60 is now going to be $90. What are your thoughts?

Icewynd

Hi XI,

I think $3 is just too expensive -- of course I play Ontario49 for $0.50.

The only way to improve your odds in a lotto game is to buy more tickets and you are now looking at $30 bucks for just 10 tickets!!!!:eek: :eek: I wonder if the people that used to spend $20 bucks a draw for 10 tickets will scale back to, say, 6 tickets for $18, or 7 tickets for $21. Will the lottery really pull in more money? Cause we know this is all about raising more money for the provinces, don't we?

As for the million dollar draw, I think it will have to be "bonus draws" i.e. additional sets of numbers. Since it is guaranteed they have to keep drawing sets of numbers until one hits. This feature might make it worth an extra buck -- I wonder what the odds will be for this prize? Obviously equal to number of tickets sold, but I don't know what that level is. Anyone?

And, what will be the effect of draining off $1M each week on the build-up of the main Jackpot? Larger jackpots stimulate more ticket sales, so if this grows slowly because $1M is being drained off each week, will ticket sales be high enough to support the new structure???

We'll see in about a month :thumb:

Xl

Personally I won't be spending more money on it, just don't have it. I'm not comfortable cutting back my selections by one third either. I will still play but I probably will cut it back to bare minimum and make another lottery my favorite.

I will probably try one of the other provincial lotteries in which the jackpot goes more often than once every year or longer.

Like you said we will soon find out :bomb:

mikkii

i have stop playing 6/49 now and i did not play that much even when i did play odds just to high to win

Icewynd

mikkii said:
i have stop playing 6/49 now and i did not play that much even when i did play odds just to high to win

I think you will find that an increasing number of people will share your opinion, Mikkiii, once the price increase goes through. I don't think people will just ignore a 50% price increase! :thumb:

moaga

Stay away from it my son!!! The lotto company is getting greedier and greedier. It is reducing your chances of winning by increasing the price of a ticket and in addition it is telling you that it can determine which number can win by guaranteeing a winner.
If it was really random they can not pretend to guaranty a winner. In fact they may have to draw one million time before they can get a winner. This is telling you to stay away from it my son!!!!

They expose their own scam only blind people refuse to see it.

Icewynd

So, I see now how they are drawing the guaranteed $1M prize - they pick a ticket number from amongst those that have been sold! That wasn't very well publicized in advance.

So, REMEMBER, if you play 6/49 -- now you not only have to check the numbers on your ticket, you also have to check your ticket number -- got that?

:thumb:

gmac78

I have scaled back to spend the same amount per week. The six dollars I spend is unchanged. All Ive done is drop one set and hope it doesnt ever come up.

Multi-dollar lotteries ($3 and $5) fly in the face of what the nature of playing the lottery is. Its a chance to win money for little or next to nothing down. The idea of spending $3 per line or $5 on a Max ticket doesnt share the nature. For example, $3 may buy you some form of a meal like breakfast, while $5 can definitely buy you breakfast at least. Its no longer petty change you spending on lotteries, its real money- compounded weekly.

Icewynd

gmac78 said:
I have scaled back to spend the same amount per week. The six dollars I spend is unchanged. All Ive done is drop one set and hope it doesnt ever come up.

And the odds are 13,983,816 to 1 that it won't.

gmac78 said:
Multi-dollar lotteries ($3 and $5) fly in the face of what the nature of playing the lottery is. Its a chance to win money for little or next to nothing down.

AMEN, Brother!

:thumb:

blitzed

hi y'all...yup, screw big lottery greed!

some games bump up the cost to play, so players have to pay say 2 or 3 times more OR they do not raise the price, but instead make the odds 2 or 3 times worse...dirty rotten underhanded bastards!

cya,
blitzed:look:

Sidebar