UK Lotto (6/49) : Repeat Quadruplets

Hello PAB

I should like to know how many groups of 4 numbers (which I call quadruplets) have been drawn more than once in the UK Lotto (from #1 to #1869).

Thanks

Maureen

PAB

Hi Maureen,

maureen1038 said:
I should like to know how many groups of 4 numbers (which I call quadruplets) have been drawn more than once in the UK Lotto (from #1 to #1869).
Nice to hear from you again.

Here is an Excel file with 1,676 Quadruples Excluding Bonus and 8,356 Quadruples Including Bonus that have been drawn more than once.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s3mmg38ahzcwi7d/

I hope this helps!

Have fun!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Thank you very much, PAB. The figure of 1676 is what I was looking for.

It quite surprised me to see how many more repeat quadruplets there are when the bonus number is included (i.e. a 7/49 draw). But I suppose it is in line with expectations.

Maureen

PAB

Hi Maureen,

maureen1038 said:
Thank you very much, PAB. The figure of 1,676 is what I was looking for.

It quite surprised me to see how many more repeat quadruplets there are when the bonus number is included (i.e. a 7/49 draw). But I suppose it is in line with expectations.
You're very welcome, I am glad I could help :thumb: .

Obviously there are 13,983,816 combinations for a C(49, 6) Lotto and 85,900,584 combinations for a C(49, 7) Lotto, a big difference!
There are also 15 Quadruples for each C(6, 4) and 35 Quadruples for each C(7, 4).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Sidebar