Troubelshooting needed

Icewynd

Hi Excel Gurus,

I am having a problem with a Pick 3 analysis that I am trying to run.

I am trying to set up a skip table of all the Pick 3 possible Vtrac Boxed combos (35 of them).

I have set up the spreadsheet with drawn numbers in Column D and all possibles in row 1, starting a column E.

I am using the formula
=IF($D6=E$1,0,E5+1)

The problem that I am having is that the formula doesn't recognize the numbers in column D. These were originally in 3 seperate columns, so I used CONCATENATE to combine them and then copy, paste values to convert the formula to numbers. They are formatted as number, special 000, to show leading zeros.

If I type the number into the cells in column D the formula works perfectly, so I am thinking it is a format issue. But, I don't want to type all 650 numbers over -- think of the possibility of error!

Can someone help? :confused:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
The problem that I am having is that the formula doesn't recognize the numbers in column D. These were originally in 3 seperate columns, so I used CONCATENATE to combine them and then copy, paste values to convert the formula to numbers. They are formatted as number, special 000, to show leading zeros.

If I type the number into the cells in column D the formula works perfectly, so I am thinking it is a format issue.
The numbers are being treated as Text.
Add +0 to the end of your Concatenate formula.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

Works like a dream! Thanks, PAB.

I think your signature line should be changed to: "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Just stay away from the Kryptonite and make sure not to get your cape tangled up when you go through a revolving door!
:thumb:

PAB

Icewynd said:
Works like a dream! Thanks, PAB.

I think your signature line should be changed to: "Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Just stay away from the Kryptonite and make sure not to get your cape tangled up when you go through a revolving door!
You're more than welcome Icewynd :thumb: .
Yes, that would have been a pain!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Sidebar