to LT

Ben

Member
And if you add on top of this page, link named Glossary
where we can find all terms used in lottery, or at least used by players in this forum?
 

Beaker

Member
Ben said:
And if you add on top of this page, link named Glossary
where we can find all terms used in lottery, or at least used by players in this forum?
That's an excellent idea - Lotto Glossary :agree2:
 

LT

Administrator
That is a great idea Ben :idee: :agree:
How would it suit if we all put in our definitions in this thread and then I'll build a glossary of all as Ben sugests.
"LD's" would be a good term to start with as it's meaning is asked for the most. Some meanings will be straight forward like "root sum". But others we will have to reach a general concencus on like "hot number" .. I would say would be that most frequently occurring numbers over the last 10 games in a 6/49 but someone else might say the most frequently occurring numbers over the last 15 games etc. Anyhow this will be a great event resulting in a very useful resource. :agree2:

or at least used by players in this forum
Does this mean entries like "Jackpot = :cow:" would be acceptable in our glossary ? :lol:
 

Brad

Member
I'll start with a few:

QP ... :D
DN ... designated nr in a wheel, aka Power, Keeper, Lock
FW ... full wheel
AW ... abbreviated wheel
OW ... open wheel
OON ... one off nr: selecting nr(s) for prediction +/- one from nrs last drawn, aka Neighbouring, Adjacent
Oneoffitis ... winning nr(s) +/- one off prediction
ANN ... announced nr(s), aka Trailing
REP... repeating nr(s) from previous draw

JP ... :cow: I think that will stick LT, if not already
 

Beaker

Member
Brad said:
I'll start with a few:

QP ... :D
DN ... designated nr in a wheel, aka Power, Keeper, Lock
FW ... full wheel
AW ... abbreviated wheel
OW ... open wheel
OON ... one off nr: selecting nr(s) for prediction +/- one from nrs last drawn, aka Neighbouring, Adjacent
Oneoffitis ... winning nr(s) +/- one off prediction
ANN ... announced nr(s), aka Trailing
REP... repeating nr(s) from previous draw

JP ... :cow: I think that will stick LT, if not already
nr ... number
JP ... Jackpot = $$ :cow: $$ - I like the $$ around our :cow:

Maggie, you are correct about LD=Last Digit. Typically when I talk about an LD it means 2 or more numbers with the same last digit.
When Dennis called LD 0 last draw, to me, it meant at least 2 numbers with last digit 0 will hit. If you noticed his picks he played 20-30-40 and one of his hints was 20. You need to have LDs in your picks because almost 8/10 draws have them.

Announcer means essentially predictor. The best example is the 15-2-1 "announcing" high draws. When you see those numbers, you know that the high draw will hit next draw. The 15-2-1 tells you this or announces that high is on the way.
There are many announcers. The trick is to find the best ones.
Numbers can be announcers and be announced - two different things.

Another term is spoiler. I think there can be 2 definitions. 1) This is a number you thought about playing,
didn't think it would come logically but your instinct tells you it will, didn't play it and it hit anyway.
2) A number which you never considered playing and had no business hitting - ie a long-shot.
 
Last edited:

LT

Administrator
That's great Beaker ... thanks :agree2:
I'll add some of mine and get started on a glossary page. Everyone please keep the definitions comming :agree:
 

LT

Administrator
Dennis as you are the creator of the term "Hints Hints" could you please give me your opinion of my stab at their meaning as follows:

"Hints Hints" - a term coined by Dennis Bassboss and used sucessfully by many other members to define a small group of numbers (no more than 3) which have an exceptional propensity of hitting in exactly the next draw.

TIA
 

Ben

Member
Beaker said:
nr ... number
JP ... Jackpot = $$ :cow: $$ - I like the $$ around our :cow:

Maggie, you are correct about LD=Last Digit. Typically when I talk about an LD it means 2 or more numbers with the same last digit.
When Dennis called LD 0 last draw, to me, it meant at least 2 numbers with last digit 0 will hit. If you noticed his picks he played 20-30-40 and one of his hints was 20. You need to have LDs in your picks because almost 8/10 draws have them.

Announcer means essentially predictor. The best example is the 15-2-1 "announcing" high draws. When you see those numbers, you know that the high draw will hit next draw. The 15-2-1 tells you this or announces that high is on the way.
There are many announcers. The trick is to find the best ones.
Numbers can be announcers and be announced - two different things.

Announcer is called also Trailing numbers, or follower

Spread: ?

Handicaps: ?

Exotic Numbers: Unusual, or uncommon set of numbers

Natural selection : selection of numbers made by player as opposed to a quick pick selection

Rollover: ?

Virgin: term refring to a number or set of numbers that has never been draw....

Merci Beaucoup....
 
LT said:
Dennis as you are the creator of the term "Hints Hints" could you please give me your opinion of my stab at their meaning as follows:

"Hints Hints" - a term coined by Dennis Bassboss and used sucessfully by many other members to define a small group of numbers (no more than 3) which have an exceptional propensity of hitting in exactly the next draw.

TIA
All I have to say is...:agree2:
 
Another term is ...
Shift in the draw: ...
It means a sudden change in draws results...
could be from high sum trend to low sum trend..
Highly announced to not so announced...
It is generally associated with the all of a sudden appearances of many cold numbers from more than 10 draws....

Hanging ghosts:..
A number that is suppose to hit but refuses to hit but is still a strong contender for many draws...34 at the present time in 6/49 qualify perfectly for the definition...

Split decades:
Could see the trending in decades splits many ways...like 01 to 05...06 to 10 etc
also by 07...01 to 07...08 to 14 etc.
is used to see what has hit in these ''split decades'' for the last draws and the trending in history...
 

Florie

Member
Back to school

OOPS! It's like going back to school. I have to re-learn the new Lottery terms- abbreviations, words and phrases.


What are virgin numbers/sets? I know what it meant. Just a little humour. Maybe we should have a humour section for all the jokes to lighten up. Just a thought.
:lol:
 

Maggie

Member
Florie,

I think my definition of spread would be is "what happens when you turn 40"


JUST KIDDING!!! :D :D
 

Florie

Member
Maggie said:
Florie,

I think my definition of spread would be is "what happens when you turn 40"


JUST KIDDING!!! :D :D
MAGGIE,

Spread! 40??

As Willis said, (old TV sitcom) "What are you talking about?"

:rolleyes:

Forgive me, the funny and playful side of me is on tonight being a GEMINI. Is it a full moon?
 
Antipode draw
A draw result having extreme numbers such as...
example 01-02-03-47-48-49 ....or any set of winning numbers having only numbers at both ends of the lowest or higher possible decades..example
01-38-40-42-45-48
 

daleks

Member
Beerfinitions

BEER - noun;Cool exalting beverage, stemming from the University Dark Ages, and used primarily when thinking about The Lottery, when playing The Lottery, when losing at playing The Lottery, and when winning at playing The Lottery;
verb - transitive, infinitive; used only on occasions when you have won The Lottery and your best friend has not, you may say to them, " Hey, best friend, let's go out tonight. I'd like To Beer with you." from latin roots and herbs.
 

LT

Administrator
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been busy with the glossary of terms. The project is developing into something more extensive than I had originally envisioned. :idea:
Hopefully soon :cool:
 
Top