Studding of Lotto Draw Machines

bloubul

Hi All

Has any of ever made a study of lotto drawing machines. Especially G-Tech lotto drawing machines and if you did what was your results over all.

BlouBul :cool:

Icewynd

Can't imagine the lotteries allowing anyone access. G-Tech probably has some technical data published for potential buyers, if you search their site.

Why would you want to study the machines?

bloubul

Hi Ice
I trust that you are well. The reason why I’m asking is that my friend and I have notice for the last 8 to 10 weeks that the color of the balls has changed with certain machines and ball sets.

Our lotto / powerball are run by a private operator and not government controlled.

Our lotto / powerball operator is using “G-Tech” machines. The “Algorithms” in the software and the settings of the machines and ball sets is what interests us. What we are trying to do is to set up a spreadsheet where we can see what machine was used and which ball set. The lotto 6-49 uses only 1 machine for all 7 numbers and 1 ball set, but the powerball uses 2 machines and 2 ball sets, 1 machine for the main numbers 5-45 with their ball set and another machine for the powerball 1-20 and their ball set.

What we also have noticed is that certain machine settings and ball sets is drawing more smaller or bigger numbers. Thus has anyone else done something similar before?

Icewynd

http://lottery.merseyworld.com/ keeps stats on the machines and ballsets for the UK Lotto. You might be able to get a spreadsheet of the data from the author, if you ask. Doesn't tell you anything about SA lotto, but it could give an indication if trends exist.

bloubul

I have found this..............

OK this should spark a little interest, i am a keen lottery player i have studied patterns and developed every chart possible over a period of 5 years with not very good results, by that i mean I’m not a millionaire yet! After showing someone my research he pointed out something very simple but very important that i have seemed to overlook and is rarely ever mentioned.
Now we both agreed that certain numbers come up more often than others and there must be a reason for this and he used the term 'mechanical resistance' the only reason that certain numbers fall more often than others is because of the characteristics of the balls and the machine used it has nothing to do with magic or voodoo, now going a little deeper each ball will be a different weight and mass to the next it will be so small but will make a difference and every time a ball gets drawn maybe it generates more wear causing it to fall more or less and each machine will be similar in structure but will not be identical to each other all it would take is in one of the machines to have a variable for example you can buy 3 identical Nissan micra cars 2 of them will run for 10 years with no trouble yet the other one's engine will blow up! Why? Because no 2 machines are 100% identical and maybe the metal used in the engine on the poorer car was weaker than the others.
Now after 5 years and a wealth of charts my friend pointed out to me that I’m actually only 1/3 of the way there! as he pointed out that all my graphs are good for looking at the lottery results on a whole but what about the different machines used and sets of balls used.
Something that is rarely looked at and discussed in lottery analysis and it is so important as he pointed out a roulette wheel eventually will show a bias due to the mechanical resistance and 'clever' players can make a healthy profit by looking at what has already happened and the bias as they only use 1 table and 1 ball however in the Uk national lottery for example there are (i believe) 3 machines , opal, moonstone and amethyst and 8 sets of balls and no way of knowing which machine is going to be used or set of balls beforehand if you were to get any closer to winning you would need 24 separate sets of analysis all 8 sets of balls with all 3 different machines then if you could find out that the machine 'opal' was going to be use and set of balls '7' then you could get your analysis or frequency chart out for 'machine opal with set of balls 7' because let’s say number 21 for example looked really good and had a good chance of hitting (in general) but when you dig deeper it comes out all the time in 'opal' and 'amethyst' but they are going to use the 'moonstone' machine and let’s say number 21 came out regally from sets of balls 1,2,4,5 but they are using set of balls 3 so your stuffed.
It’s like horse racing, you can study how strong the horse is and how well it runs on certain grounds we can do the same with lottery numbers we can see how well it has done in the past( in general) but we don’t know what ground it’s going to be running on ( what machine ) i think the only way to win at this now is to have a separate set of analysis for each possible machine and set of balls, in the Uk national lottery that would be 24 and then after you have all that date (which would be a lots of charts!) you knew BEFOREHAND which machine and set was being used then you stand a chance of getting close but we don’t know beforehand so really in the 6/49 Uk draw the odds of winning the jackpot are approx 14 million to 1 but really you have to add all the different combinations of machines and balls so the odds are 14 million to 1 multiplied by 24!!!!! then if you manage to beat those odds get the right machine and balls then you still have the original odds of 14 million to 1 to beat.
I’m starting to think this is too hard to beat if there was a lottery draw that used 1 MACHINE 1 SET OF BALLS then a strong bias would develop and all of us 'smart' players who study trends would be very wealthy as balls would become damaged the machine would wear we don’t even know if and when a lottery machine has had a new part fitted that would cause a whole chunk of date to be scrapped so without all this data.

Icewynd

Hmmmm....not sure about this. For one thing, some numbers come up more often in software-generated series where there are no mechanics to "resist". Also ball sets are changed regularly and weighed, etc. before the draw to minimize any such effect.

Good luck to him, but I don't think this is the key to winning the lottery.

Sidebar