Roxio Easy Media Creator 8

johnph77

Have it as part of my CD systems. Works well when transferring data on CD-R/Ws between my two computers - laptop and desktop. Not as simple as using floppies but so much more data is movable that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. File management is a little more complicated. Data on even the CD-R/Ws is read only and has to be transferred to a hard disk for mods.

Bones

Roxio

Thanks for your response johnph77. This software has me a little worried with all the problems I see on Roxios forum and reviews I have read.

johnph77

If you use it reguarly it can be a real pain in the butt. The CDs, once written, have to be erased before new files can be written. The CDs have to have a name. When erased, they lose the name as well so the CD is a new, writable platform. Fortunately, this isn't a problem where I sit.

The other side of it is when I have multiple small files to transfer and a floppy isn't available, using FTP to/from my site is still faster and more efficient than the CD. But I have some rather large database and spreadsheet files where the Roxio CD manager is just great.

Other than that, all goes well. Without any other experience with anything other than Roxio, Roxio works as well as can be expected here.

Bones

Roxio

I was very uneasy about purchasing this product due to all the problems reported on this board and some less than stellar reviews. I am happy to report that my install went without incident including registration. I have a Gateway multimedia computer running Media Centre 2005 - Pentium D 820 Dual core 280mhz processors. After letting the program do its thing for a while I rebooted and the computer seems to be running as per normal. I haven't used the program for any purpose yet but all appears fine. I did a full install.

Just for the information of others

Korax

Roxio is a bad program..

Nero is way better..If u can exchange by all means...
If you are stuck with it, then good luck.

Sidebar