Question for LT RE Privileges

AllenB

As a New Member I understand the need for some form of restriction on Access. I have read most of the FAQ's but I did not see an explanation of when or if restrictions are removed.

Frank

AllenB, it's been four days and no reply. I can't say I'm surprised. Whenever the 'restrictions' as you call them are discussed in this forum, LT does not participate or acknowlege in any way the fact that questions have been asked or suggestions made regarding improvements of the user experience. I've been here five years, like to think I've made useful contributions to this forum, and I have the same restrictions as you. I don't expect an improvement any time soon. Maybe when I get to 70 I'll be old enough to be trusted.

Icewynd

I can see an advantage to user groups, in which several members may wish to take a "deep dive" into a particular subject or analysis technique that may not be of interest to the average forum participant.

On Personal Messages or other "back channel" communications, I am not so sure. When we make an interesting discovery about the lotto there is often a lot of fear that sharing our idea will result in the lottery commission shutting it down, or that everyone else will capitalize on your idea. Coming from the mindset that lotto draws are honest and random, I think that sharing and discussing can only make our ideas stronger.

JMHO :thumb:

AllenB

I have no doubt that Lotteries view internet posts and react to Strategies that Improve our odds.
Except for an infiltrator,One would think that a group could form that has common Strategies and Ideas and keep the communications between members of the Group. Perhaps these groups should form outside of the Form (if the Forum does not provide the platform). I for one would be very interested in a team approach. Finding like minded people may be the challenge. It seams We are all chasing this in our individual ways, we glean from others, offer our ideas and stay in our own bubbles trying to find a Holy Grail that we might not be willing to share. I will admit that I have an internal struggle with that Thought as it applies to Posting in the Forum; but, Not with a Team.
So the real problem as I see it is getting a few people to concentrate on the same Idea for a while. New (to me) Ideas seam to appear daily, sparking an interest that diverts my attention to a new spread sheet. I am a bit worried that those diversions have caused me to miss something in the Idea that was left for the New One.

Finding the Right Idea might also be difficult.

Sidebar