question about prizes

tomtom

Well, I asked Babar, and it seems Babar didn't know the answer, so must ask someone else who plays and knows about game, too .

I looked at prizes payouts at a few sites, and couldn't understand clearly
what are prizes payouts. Probably my math is not good enough.

It seemed to me the game may have payout of 45%. Is that 45% is what goes to players prizes? If yes, is that money that goes to players prizes?

What are free tickets? At the first sight that it seemed to me that assumed value of those free tickets -quick picks may go as high as more than 60% of the Jackpot money, when Jackpot is 2.5 million.

Is that a kind of promotion that game provides for free?

Or is it part of the 45% payout that goes to players? Valued $2 and valid only for 3 quick picks?

Or something different than that?

daleks

spoke with British Columbia Lottery Commission about this some years ago...they stated that if a " free ticket " is given out as a prize, the value of that ticket counts as part of the percentage payout to the players.....

tomtom

daleks said:
sthey stated that if a " free ticket " is given out as a prize, the value of that ticket counts as part of the percentage payout to the players.....

Well…what to say :dang:

still, ..:erm:..in my opinion these prizes may be good for something... at least, like walking to and back to the store, and doing some exercising...

It seems from some reason sometimes it’s may not be any easy to find a bouncy balls game with parimutuel prizes only, a payout of about 55% or more, a good JP that takes some 30-40 % of money-prizes pool , not any many rollovers, and good prizes in ALL categories...and sure , with none mandatory quick picks...:dang:

daleks

i have noticed that in British Columbia, the online game which has the best odds of winning,,,something like 1 in 3-odd million, is the EXTRA ( $1 per selection, can only be bought in conjunction with another online game such as 6/49,bc/49 or super7),,,,is the only game in which players are not able to pick their own numbers....

tomtom

daleks said:
...,is the only game in which players are not able to pick their own numbers....

not much interested actually, but it is something new to me, and that's very good... because I was thinking that in this super 7 game it was possible to use this free ticket prize only for playing 3 quick picks, or
such...

And also in one of other games I think it was possible just to play one line of own numbers with some additional quick picks for some of the prizes...something like that, but not sure...

Also, I don't have anything against how someone would make own games...nor have anything against any quick picks or RNGs..

to me it is most important that , thanx to the internet , these days may be possible to find whatever someone looks for, and what I really like is a :

-ball machine game

-parimutuel prizes ,

-a payout of at least 50% , and sure much better if of about 55% or more,

-a good JP that takes some up to 30 - 50 % of money-prizes pool ,

-not any many rollovers,

-and good prizes in ALL categories...

-and , none quick picks involved in any way if prefer , since I either like to play some quick picks when do not have enough money for playing a full 9 to10 numbers system, or just these 9 to10 numbers when my bills are paid on time...

And sure, I like good prices for one combination, from 50 cents up to $1 , so playing the lottery wouldn't affect paying my bills by any means...

savagegoose

here in south oz, they state as much as %5 of prize pool is saved to accumulate towards , mega draw jackpots, thats wgere theresa a huge jackpot that hasnt accumulated thru no one winning , but tyhe money being saved form the previous 13 weeks. we have one of em every new year about 20-30 million pot. but usually 20-30 people win lol

johnph77

tomtom said:
to me it is most important that , thanx to the internet , these days may be possible to find whatever someone looks for, and what I really like is a :

-ball machine game

-parimutuel prizes ,

-a payout of at least 50% , and sure much better if of about 55% or more,

-a good JP that takes some up to 30 - 50 % of money-prizes pool ,

-not any many rollovers,

-and good prizes in ALL categories...

-and , none quick picks involved in any way if prefer , since I either like to play some quick picks when do not have enough money for playing a full 9 to10 numbers system, or just these 9 to10 numbers when my bills are paid on time...

And sure, I like good prices for one combination, from 50 cents up to $1 , so playing the lottery wouldn't affect paying my bills by any means...

I didn't notice this thread when it was first posted but since it falls within my sphere of interest, perhaps better late than never.

I don't know if my site is one of the sites you explored when looking up lottery payout percentages but it does exist. On that site, where parimutuel prizes exist within a game, no game payout percentages are posted, since it is the particular lottery jurisdiction, NOT the game, that determines the game payout percentage. In any parimutuel game it will always be the bettor, NOT the jurisdiction, who assumes ALL risks. The jurisdiction will always receive their share of the gross receipts regardless of that amount or the prizes awarded. You are not betting the game, you are betting against all other bettors playing that game. The payout percentage of parimutuel games can be viewed on that lottery's website in the rules section.

But your observation has merit. When I do the next major update of that page (unscheduled, far into the future - work requirements are eating up all my time at the present) I can include data similar to that which is currently posted on the Keno analysis pages, where both game and prize pool percentages are displayed for each prize division. But, in parimutuel games, I'd have to be the person who looked up the prize division payout percentages - not a major problem, but a little time-consuming, a commodity which I presently do not possess.

I also don't differentiate between ball-machine-drawn games and RNG-drawn games. The purpose of the page was to inform the viewer of the payouts and percentages only.

On my site, free tickets are valued at their retail value toward the game payout percentage and the award of same are noted in the information posted above the game payouts table.

In games where the jackpots can roll over, percentage payouts for that prize division are notated with a plus sign (+) and noted in the information posted above the game payout table.

http://www.johnph77.com/math/stlot.html

Nothing to sell, no ads, for informational purposes only.

gl - j

Sidebar