Problem with UTIl-6 from Ion Saliu

miami24

Someone who is familiar with Util-6 can explain me why do I have following discrepancy?

When I create the stats with MDIEditorLottoWE I get following results:

'Regular-6' Statistics - Date: 04-05-2004
Data file analyzed: C:\DATAPB6
Total drawings analyzed: 200
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotto Total MOST drawn Hits most LEAST drawn Hits least
Number Hits with # drawn with: with # drawn with:
1 30 10 7 3 1
2 24 42 6 24 0
3 30 32 7 13 0
4 27 31 10 27 1
5 28 11 7 32 0
etc

but when I create the frequency report with Util-6, I get the following results:

Lotto-6 Analysis - Date: 04-05-2004
Data file analyzed: C:\DATAPB6
Total drawings analyzed: 200

Lotto Total MOST drawn Hits most LEAST drawn Hits least
Number Hits with # : drawn with: with # : drawn with:
1 31 8 7 44 0
2 22 42 7 18 0
3 28 44 7 45 0
4 31 13 7 40 1
5 27 11 6 15 1

etc (all different from first report)

shouldn't those numbers be the same, given the fact that I analyse 200 draws in both cases and both times I analyse the same file?

I've taken #1 for instances. It was drawn 30 times without bonus ball and 34 with bonus ball. It was most drawn with #10 (7 times). Therefore the first report is correct. With #8 it was drawn 5 times (to come to 7 times, I've to count the times #1 was drawn as bonus ball, but if I count that, I come to a total of 34 times #1 was drawn and not 31.

Where is the mistery? HEEEEEELLLLLLLP PLEASE!!!!!! :heul:

thornc

Well why don't you try to contact the author of the software and share your results... maybe he can bring to light into the issue!

Babarlish

miami24 said:
He does not answer to technical questions to his software, he does not support it, that's why.
:eek:

Well miami24,

If you cannot use a software without problems and the developper offers no support, there are only 2 solutions as seen from a blond point of view.

1- Dump that software and use something else.

2- Make your own software.

Bab :teach:

miami24

I have no idea how to write software, I'm not a programmer.

I have tried many free programs (and have bought one of them) and they are not as good as Saliu's program should be. I'm interested in his theories as well.

:eek: I've asked in this forum because someone may have a useful tip. Maybe someone tried his software and have an idea what the problem could be. Maybe even Saliu himself may have compassion if he reads it. Don't be offended, but I expect real help here (if someone can help, of course) and I don't think other people who haven't used his software can be of help.

miami24

thornc: Your idea sounds good. Maybe someone wants to try... I can post my numbers here or someone may want to try with his/her own numbers.

:clap:

thornc

Just to show you how friendly we are, I used the Can6/49 history and fed it into both the programs you mentioned!

This is the first lines of FREQ6 for Can649.txt:
Code:
                   Lotto-6 Analysis - Date: 04-06-2004
                   Data file analyzed: C649.TXT
                   Total drawings analyzed:  200 

Lotto    Total    MOST drawn  Hits most    LEAST drawn  Hits least
    Number   Hits     with # :    drawn with:  with # :     drawn with:
      1        26          44         8           8           0 
      2        29          48         8           45          0 
      3        23          47         6           21          0 
      4        24          48         8           23          0 
      5        31          13         8           39          0

And this is the first lines of the report from MDIEditor:
Code:
                   Lotto-6 Statistics - Date: 04-06-2004
                   Data file analyzed: C:\TEMP\C649\C649-10K.TXT
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Lotto     Total    MOST drawn  Hits most    LEAST drawn  Hits least
   Number    Hits     with #      drawn with:  with #       drawn with:
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     1         26         44           8             8           0
     2         29         48           8            45           0
     3         23         47           6            21           0
     4         24         48           8            23           0
     5         31         13           8            39           0

They are equal! Notice that however they are from different files because MDIEditor requires a files with more
than 10000lines in it!

What I did was to get the history from BCLC, copy-paste it to c649.txt file, run my CoolRevGui on it to reverse it (yes, I'm the author!) and fed it to util-6. Then I used util-6 to simulate a 10000 lines of lotto6, appended it to the end of c649.txt and named the new one c639-10k.txt fed this to MDIEditor and got the results!

My first guess at your problem is that you either didn't reverse the files; append the simulated lines to wrong end; or a combination of both!

Now say "thank you" and I'll he happy!
;)

miami24

I never said you weren't friendly, it was just the comment from Babarlish that was not very useful.

Let me check when I'm at home and I'll love you if you're right :blush:

At the moment I can tell you the following:

I took both times the same file (with 10000 lines on it) and I had already reversed it before I downloaded Util-6 (at first I was working with MDIEditor only). I do double and triple checks on it, so that may not be the problem. Normally, when I open MDIEditor to create the report, I open the file C:\DataPB6 and when I open Util-6 and I've to type the name of the file I type again C:\DataPB6 (so they are exactly the same file, even if they weren't reversed they should show the same results. I reversed them with updown.exe). Hence my question in this forum.

But I'll do a test creating 2 different files and maybe for Util-6 letting 200 numbers only (not the whole 10000). I'm glad you did the test and you got the same results for both reports, my doubt was that too, if both results should look the same, now I know I have to check for an error somewhere in the file as it worked for you.

To get such a nice line alignment in the reports, did you do anything special? My computer deleted all the spaces when I copied the post. In the original only the report from MDIEditor is aligned so nicely, though. The one from Util-6 is a mess too.

Sorry for this long message.

miami24

I didn't know you could use util-6 to simulate lotto lines too, I thought for that I had to use MDIEditor as well.

thornc

miami24 said:
Thornc
and I just love you already for doing the test! Thank you. :love2:

:blush:
No need for love! the thank you is more than enough! :agree:

To post from a text formatted source use either the Quote or the Code tags (# button) that you can find in the menu bar above the edit area when you post!

I usually use Crimson Editor to see the files and then post it to here!

The Util-6, can do a few things. Look at the other menu options and try them out!

Updown is ok! But my CoolRevGui is the "ultimate tool!" or so someone says ;) !

You should re-do your steps and be sure that everything is ok, with your data files! As stated in the other post, it should be a problem with the simulated lines!

miami24

Hello thornc

I've made the test now at home and it doesn't work...
I've tried everything.

I open the file (C:\DataPB6 in MDIEditor, do the stats report (Menu Stats, Powerball 6 + 1). I get the right report:

Code:
       'Regular-6' Statistics - Date: 04-07-2004
                   Data file analyzed: C:\DATAPB6.TXT
 Lotto     Total    MOST drawn  Hits most    LEAST drawn  Hits least
 Number Hits      with #           drawn with:with #         drawn with:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
   1        30         10             7             3                1
   2        24         42             6            24                0
   3        30         32             7            13                0
   4        27         31             10           27                1
   5        28         11             7            32                0

then I open the SAME file with Util-6 and do the frequency report, I get the following:

Code:
   Lotto-6 Analysis - Date: 04-07-2004
                   Data file analyzed: C:\DATAPB6.TXT

Lotto     Total    MOST drawn Hits most     LEAST drawn  Hits least
Number  Hits     with # :        drawn with: with # :       drawn with:
      1        31           8           7            44                 0 
      2        22          42           7            18                 0 
      3        28          44           7            45                 0 
      4        31          13           7            40                 1 
      5        27          11           6            15                 1

I've tried changing the file from rtf to txt.
I've tried creating a different file with only 200 lines (with copy + paste) to use in Util-6 (numbers taken from C:\DataPB6).

It is not logical at all, if I'm taking the same numbers, even the same file! It's some kind of curse :devil: that doesn't want me to win the lotto?

jbiff

miami24,
I'm not sure but I don't think a powerball
data file will work with UTIL-6. :confused:
I think UTIL-6 is only for the lotto-5 and lotto-6 games. That extra ball might play havoc with the analysis.
I've had no problems with such a file in MDIEditor though.:)

miami24

Hello jbiff

You've had a good idea. I'll try that tonight. I know the file works well at MDIEditor, but I need to do the pairings report, which is not possible there (as far as I know).

I'll see if it works, I hope so.
Many thanks and kind regards

Miami24 :wavey:

thornc

jbiff said:

I'm not sure but I don't think a powerball
data file will work with UTIL-6.

I think you found the problem jbiff!

I didn't notice that because I'm normal Lotto player... I never seen a powerball lottery....

jbiff

miami24,
You might try your PB data file with the powerball stripped out in Ion Saliu's UTIl-5 utility. You could see the pairings but no info about that pesky powerball.:bawl:
Hope this helps toward your goal...let us know the results.:thumb:

miami24

You're my heroes :beer:

What I've done: I took the C:\DataPB6, copied the first 200 lines into a new file, deleted manually (sic) the powerball numbers. Next I opened the newly created file in Util-6 (not 5, as with the powerball I had total 7 numbers, now 6) and now it worked! Yippie!!:bounce:

In fact, I had tried that before, but at that time I still had the file stored as C:\Program Archives\MDIEditorLottoWE\DataPB6 (see my other post to this issue), so the file name was too long for Util-6 to process it and it didn't work either. Now I didn't think about that anymore. Thanks guys for your help :kiss:

The powerball is not that important. Normally the highest (with difference) price will be paid to the person/s guessing 6 numbers correctly. The next lower price is 5 + Powerball, the next 5, than 4 and than 3. The person guessing 6 # can win millions (of any currency), the person guessing 5+1 wins something between 30000 - 500000 depending on how many winners there are in the same category. I want to win big after so much struggle :rolling:

Sidebar