OLG response to my query

Icewynd

I recently contacted the OLG (Ontario Lottery & Gaming Commission) with the following query:

"Has any consideration been given to introducing a system of
"personal picks" for Lotto Max and Lottario to replace the
machine-generated picks that are now part of the ticket purchase?
This is the system used by Loto-Quebec where a player can choose the
quick picks or pick 3 sets of their own numbers (2 for Lottario). I
will not buy these games which include quick-picks as part of the
ticket as I prefer to select the numbers that I play."​

This is their reponse:

Thank you for contacting OLG.

It is important to note that there is no winning advantage to either selecting your own numbers or using computer generated numbers. As our draws are based on random chance, there is absolutely no way to predict what numbers will be drawn. Any numbers one might choose will have exactly the same chance of being drawn as the numbers that are randomly generated by the system.

As you are aware, in Ontario, LOTTO MAX players are able to choose the first set of seven numbers, with Quick Picks providing the other two sets of numbers. Alternatively, players can choose to have all three sets of numbers selected by Quick Pick.

OLG is not offering the option for players to choose all three sets of selections with LOTTO MAX as research indicates the majority of our sales for other lottery brands are Quick Picks. While some players may prefer to pick all their numbers, we found most people would have one set of numbers they would want to play, but not three sets.

Although LOTTO MAX is a national game administered by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation, each of the five lottery jurisdictions may tailor the way a ticket prints from the terminal to reflect the jurisdiction's player preferences.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please e-mail us once again or call our OLG Support Centre toll free at 1-800-387-0098.

Regards,

Anthony

In other words "NO" :burnt:

Mr_Rich

That's one way to guarantee the syndicates don't carry on any funny business with the games like one northeast state here in the US. I'd pass on this game too.

Icewynd

In Canada syndicates are not allowed to make a profit, so there are very few in existance. I think its just easier for them and an indication of the government monopoly mentality. They know that some people prefer to pick their own numbers, but instead of offering the option its just 'our way or the highway'.

madam

Icewynd: I tried the same approach some time ago and received the same dictated reply of some authority who mind is the same as our Great White Lord with the "my way or the highway" commands. If enuff of us were to send in a petition or send in enuff letters there could be a change. If P.Q. can do it why can't we. Of course their way brings in more cash were in P.Q. the money payed in is somewhat less. So there is one motive for them to stall from following P.Q.
Madam

Icewynd

Agreed, Madam. I think that they would probably make more $$$ if people could choose their own numbers and wheel them. Of course, at $5 each, you'd be risking some serious coin.

blitzed

well some people are lazy and foolish enough to buy heaps of high denomination lottery scratchers, $10, $20, nuts:spiny:so a draw game which is essentially like a scratcher kinda makes sense for the lottery.

Sidebar