Most Shocking

bloubul

To Every One

Yes I’m sitting here in my office and ponder over Lotto649.ws forms. Must I go or must I stay.

Out of 16,906 members there are only few members participating at any time,e.g. In random order

1. Madam
2.Blitzed
3.Barber.
4.Icewynd
5.Frank
6.Teufelli
7.BlouBul
8.Niteowl
9.Larbec
10. LT
11.Ronnie G
And 1 or 2 more…

No new names come to the fore. Is this forum also on its dying roots…
Let’s say out of the 16,906 members there’s at any time only 20 members participating, leaving us with 16,886 members not participating…… Why…. I’m only asking..

Let’s hear your views………………………

BlouBul :cool:

Icewynd

Hi Bloubul,

I don't find it shocking :eek: , I find it depressing :crap: .

Over a year ago I set myself a project to try and breathe some life into this forum. I spent a lot of time and energy thinking up topics to post and making sure that no post on the board went unanswered. But it was all for naught...Especially since PAB departed the decline has been marked.

Newbies show up here, ask one question and are never heard from again. Lots of "guest" users come here, probably to research something in the rich archives of this board, but never register to participate. Registered members show no desire to engage in discussions.

So, wadda ya gonna do???

Rots 'o Ruck!
:thumb:

Frank

I was looking at the forum membership numbers the other day, and wondering why so few of them had birthdays, it should be at least 50 per day. It dawned on me that, like me most of them hadn't filled in that detail. Anyway these are historic passing members, not lifelong participating members. They had an interest or problem many years ago, had to join to ask a question , then they left. I notice that we have under 50 current daily viewers, the active members. It is those people who we hope will talk to us. Some of our problems and solutions are heavy on maths or programming and this could well put people off . Part of the problem is people who seek a magic bullet to instantly solve their problem with minimal effort on their part. When they realise that some effort is expected for them to help themselves, I wonder if that's when reality sets in and they move on.

You can't make people learn Excel or some other analysis tool, if they can't be bothered. As Icewynd says, what can we do about that?

niteowl

I remember when I first joined, all the members posted their predictions for the upcoming draws for the lottery they played; 649, super 7, and the provincial lotteries. I don't know when or why we stopped, but I know there were some who were paranoid about people "stealing their predictions". I do remember there were some incidents of arguing and name calling between some of the members, and others who seemed to think their methods of prediction were best and would ridicule other members methods. It got to the point that some members left, and others were banned to try and stop the fighting. After that it was not quite the same, and I hadn't visited in a long time. Then one day I came back, and found the site was still here, and the mood was totally different--members asked questions, and someone always tried to help. I don't know enough about Excel to give any answers--I took a course in basic spreadsheets, and am slowly learning more. I think members who haven't logged in within a certain period should be removed from the membership; that would clean up the members lists if nothing else. Maybe we should start posting predictions again--maybe build a reputation as the go-to site for lottery predictions?

Icewynd

niteowl said:
I do remember there were some incidents of arguing and name calling between some of the members, and others who seemed to think their methods of prediction were best and would ridicule other members methods. It got to the point that some members left, and others were banned to try and stop the fighting. After that it was not quite the same, and I hadn't visited in a long time.

Well, this is one of the more polite places on the net and all disagreements seem to be handled in a most civilized way. I would be kinda sorry to see that go away...

I'm not sure if its predictions, but people are looking for something that they are not finding here. At one time this was a busy board and then people just started drifting away.

I read somewhere that 69% of Canadians buy lottery tickets -- that's maybe 12 MILLION potential users of this board, not to mention the rest of the English-speaking, lottery-playing citizens of the world. You'd think that there would be more than a dozen that would be interested in discussing strategies, but it seems not. :dang:

I come here frequently to see what posts are up. The Pick 3 and Excel posts are not my forte at the moment, and unfortunately the lottos are getting too expensive to play.

However, I do like reading the old posts from time to time. There's a lot of interesting and useful info there. Hopefully a member at this site can create a cost-effective strategy (myself included).

I do hope that the knowledge base of lotto strategy continues. Perhaps together we can come up with something interesting.

CD

Icewynd

ChesterDennis said:
I do hope that the knowledge base of lotto strategy continues. Perhaps together we can come up with something interesting.

Yes, ChesterDennis, I agree. Maybe one person could come up with an amazing strategy, but I think collaboration is a more likely way of achieving good results. There are amazing posts here that introduce ideas that I never would have thought of on my own.

Hopefully this site will continue -- but you guys have to post for that to happen.

Good luck!

bloubul

I see that there is "SOME" response thanks to those members, yet the "BIG FISH" is still avoiding any response.

Frank

I think the most annoying thing about this forum is how restricted we are. We don't seem to earn any respect or cudos from admin here, for number of posts, quality of posts, longevity nor anything else. We can't be trusted to send a PM or look at someones profile ? nor post an image or upload. I can understand that newbies need to earn some trust, but with the forum so quiet its easier to moderate than it was, so why make it harder work for the ones who do bother to post here? I don't get it. The forum I'm admin for has different rights for trusted regular members, so I know its possible.

Well thats got rid of the :lphant: in the room.

Icewynd

Frank said:
I think the most annoying thing about this forum is how restricted we are. We don't seem to earn any respect or cudos from admin here, for number of posts, quality of posts, longevity nor anything else. We can't be trusted to send a PM or look at someones profile ? nor post an image or upload. I can understand that newbies need to earn some trust, but with the forum so quiet its easier to moderate than it was, so why make it harder work for the ones who do bother to post here? I don't get it. The forum I'm admin for has different rights for trusted regular members, so I know its possible.

Well thats got rid of the :lphant: in the room.

I agree, Frank. :clap:

I think that LT (there, I said it!) may have had his reasons in the past for disabling many of the features of this board, but I don't think that they are valid any longer. Heck, even the competing forum set up by the renegades that caused all the trouble has now disappeared.

I strongly feel that this board will die without being able to access PM and other feature.

Good luck!

blitzed

hi y'all...indeed! yeah I don't have the same gusto I once did for playing lottery...I poke the numbers around from time to time, but rarely go to play anymore.

early on, many learn big lotto are longshots, and get turned off...I used to play the pick3 on the way to work each morning, and I timed my break for when the draw numbers were posted, was always anxious to see if I had won a little somethin! now, I no longer have 9to5 job, do some forex daytrading type stuff at home, which usually occupies my time digging into charts.

sooo...The Great Recession, perhaps impending financial collapse...yet big lottery often raises the lotto ticket price, or increases the odds those bastards:finger:

there is probably less interest in lottery, because the newer generations want convenience & instant gratification...can't play lottery online or on a cellphone, forget about it!

purge inactive members? that is kinda harsh, many helped to build the forum, and could simply be dead. I like seeing the birthdays announced...someday those ages from the database will get way up there heh! if ages hit the 120's, ummmya even if the members did in fact win a massive jackpot, and forget all about the forum, unlikely they can artificially extend their life beyond that:hair:

cya,
blitzed:spiny:

Teufellj

Bloubul....

Folks,
I can deduce depression in your musings! One person says,..."go somewhere else or press on; another mentions eradicating in some way
the names associated with long term non-posts; still another can't use certain this that and the other just to mention a few items!" Yes, this forum lacks the degenerate name calling, outright theft of personal and public info that belongs in this club of geniuses but not blabbed and put down in other forums or popular media as I have personally seen. That item is a total turnoff. Again though, everything that has been stated so far has a very heavy ring of truth.
My belief, first off, is that our gab sessions should only be viewed if you sign in! If we should happen to vent some frustrations--EVERYTHING SAID-WILL BE POSTED--on a lottery board somewhere!!! Cyber-media has no scruples when it comes to talking behind your back, believe me I know first hand. The General Chit Chat Forum is a great place to talk amongst ourselves but nowhere else should anything
be leaked to the general media---"Lurkers." If they would like to know then join, it isn't so difficult to do.
We have a wealth of lottery ideas and ways to implement them or point a person or groups to another website that may help. I find nothing amiss in helping or allowing folks to ask, isn't this what we do anyway?
Enthusiasm goes a long way in gaining trust and that's for anyone... sometimes my explanation's in the Pick 3 are as interesting as atomic theory class in college-far out and dry as a bone. I'm trying to cultivate a better way to address a question for a player and I know that I get frustrated at times doing so. Math in any form takes a thinker not a-slam-bam, thank you ma'am answer but as was stated-games are played on the phone or online or no thank you, and go somewhere else. Where can they go besides into archives or that only "Hollywood of gurus" website that is deep in love with themselves? (Not all of the people but enough to fire up another Mounte Cassino.):rolling:
I have indicted myself enough for this session! What say you that I get back to the lottery business of "teaching, prattling, and enjoying what I do?

Teufellj... :lol3:

Frank

Teufellj said:
Folks,
I can deduce depression in your musings! One person says,..."go somewhere else or press on; another mentions eradicating in some way
the names associated with long term non-posts; still another can't use certain this that and the other just to mention a few items!"

Yes, this forum lacks the degenerate name calling, outright theft of personal and public info that belongs in this club of geniuses but not blabbed and put down in other forums or popular media as I have personally seen. That item is a total turnoff. Again though, everything that has been stated so far has a very heavy ring of truth.

My belief, first off, is that our gab sessions should only be viewed if you sign in! If we should happen to vent some frustrations--EVERYTHING SAID-WILL BE POSTED--on a lottery board somewhere!!! Cyber-media has no scruples when it comes to talking behind your back, believe me I know first hand. The General Chit Chat Forum is a great place to talk amongst ourselves but nowhere else should anything
be leaked to the general media---"Lurkers." If they would like to know then join, it isn't so difficult to do.
We have a wealth of lottery ideas and ways to implement them or point a person or groups to another website that may help. I find nothing amiss in helping or allowing folks to ask, isn't this what we do anyway?
Enthusiasm goes a long way in gaining trust and that's for anyone... sometimes my explanation's in the Pick 3 are as interesting as atomic theory class in college-far out and dry as a bone. I'm trying to cultivate a better way to address a question for a player and I know that I get frustrated at times doing so. Math in any form takes a thinker not a-slam-bam, thank you ma'am answer but as was stated-games are played on the phone or online or no thank you, and go somewhere else.

Where can they go besides into archives or that only "Hollywood of gurus" website that is deep in love with themselves? (Not all of the people but enough to fire up another Mounte Cassino.):rolling:
I have indicted myself enough for this session! What say you that I get back to the lottery business of "teaching, prattling, and enjoying what I do?

Teufellj... :lol3:
I'm only quoting you Teufellj, because to be honest, I find posts which are either capitalised or in bold font and italicised very difficult to read, as you appear to be shouting. I'll have a read of the non bold quote, then comment ....

OK, I particularly agree with the sign in part of your post, if that were to be combined with the ability to upload files and post live links, and only in combination with earning those rights after a period of time. At the moment, if we post a link to file hosting site where a spreadsheet lives, hundreds of anonymous 'takers' help themselves without a word, to whatever was intended to be for only those with the interest and enthusuasm to treat the document with the love and respect that went into creating it. The currrent 'anyone takes all' system is a deterrent to even bothering to answer a question, since often the easiest way to solve someones problem is to show them the solved problem on a spreadsheet. That needs to be limited viewership. Lack of PM facility compounds the problem even more.
However, why am I bothering since there is no evidence that LT is even reading this thread or showing any interest in what we have to say, so theres not much hope of any change without some reply from admin here. :nopity:

Icewynd

Frank said:
OK, I particularly agree with the sign in part of your post, if that were to be combined with the ability to upload files and post live links, and only in combination with earning those rights after a period of time. At the moment, if we post a link to file hosting site where a spreadsheet lives, hundreds of anonymous 'takers' help themselves without a word, to whatever was intended to be for only those with the interest and enthusuasm to treat the document with the love and respect that went into creating it.

Well said, Frank. I agree 100%.

Frank said:
However, why am I bothering since there is no evidence that LT is even reading this thread or showing any interest in what we have to say, so theres not much hope of any change without some reply from admin here. :nopity:

Yes, again I agree. It would be nice to see what LT thinks about these issues. Maybe he has reasons for not implementing any of these changes, probably they would increase the time and technology demands of the site, but it would be helpful if he would enter into the dialogue.

Good luck!

Teufellj

Frank and Icewynd....

Hello guys,
I would state for the record that, Lt, reads or has an editor to earmark all goings ons in his theater of operations. This website is his baby and will do what is deemed necessary to protect its reputation and probably his as well. I would prefer not to be thought of as a pacifist! This old man can be a hell that you would never desire. Ask blitzed some time and you will know about my eyesight being pretty bad, so how I type a note or manuscript may give many wrong impressions. I feel that through your messages, you folks don't want to upset me or anyone else for lack of a better way to say something. My type "duck" sheds many ill-comments and I am well aware of nuances and what is not said and so is Lt. He, would be a very poor administrator and very broke if he did not.
Our website forums have started to gain new blood! There must be a reason(s) perhaps the foresight of our analytical approaches to various games? How about---originality for different ways to old games that were never thought of? We do that quite well I suspect. Covert operations in lottery is to me nonsense. This is a "been there done that" situation and is older than any of us combined agewise.
Practicality; ease of use; a laymans dream of riches and a quick buck, this is what arrives on our doorstep. Sounds lame but it's true.
We need to "Log In" for certain aspects of this website. Use baby step approaches in dealing with other items and tact! Men of my generation and most seniors-don't like too much change in what works for them. We "fuddydoddies" can be swayed if things are presented in a non-threating logical way!

Gentlemen,

Teufellj...:smokin:

blitzed

hi y'all...the problem with members-only...LT's website would lose value, search engines would no longer be able to index the wealth of knowledge...therefore this place would not even be found by prospective new members in the first place :(

I kinda understand what you mean about access...the good old BBS days, being a Sysop, bestowing Co-Sysop priveleges to powerusers heh! A problem with that, is that more accounts with more power, means more possible points of failure if a password is compromised. The World Wide Web can be a nasty place, spam, spyware, etc.

anyway, I like things the way they are...the other forums are hokey, and egos cross to shortcircuit things.

take it easy, and wow it is December!!!
:frosty::xmas::santa:
blitzed

Mr_Rich

I check in to this forum infrequently, and it has more to do with getting side-tracked with other things more than anything else. I'm retired telco and I started out in computers when they were DOS driven. I feel like the technologies have passed me by like a jet. I don't keep up with Excel spreadsheets that some have listed. I just haven't taken the time to study them since I have other hobbies as well. It was a shock to me that JPM Computer shut down since I've relied on those programs since they were first written for DOS. PCL and LTAX still work for me and those are over twenty years old already. Everything changes but I still keep a hand in the game waiting for a good score now and then to supplement my retirement.

15tons

Hello Gents and Madam , I had the lottery bug good awhile back , and sought out some online sources for guidance in shaping my rudimentary intuitive leanings for number selections. And was very fortunate to discover lottoforums,where my questions were answered and advice/leads provided to further my knowledge on the path of discovery. So I'm very grateful for that.
Cheers and Salute`

cdrake

Just musing.

Maybe a paid membership is required to view the archives or maybe you have to be logged in to view the site. Another idea might be that if you haven't logged in for some time that your membership gets deleted. This way you'd get a more accurate number with respect to size of the current membership. Maybe there should be a special area on the site which is only open to those members who have made a meaningful contribution to the forum and in this area it is where the treasure trove of information is present. How one would administer that I don't know I'm just throwing out suggestions. I've been at this lotto game since the early 90s and I've killed my fair share of trees. I'm an early riser so I tend to get all my lotto updates and strategies done before the rest of the family wakes up so as not to take away from their time etc. This board allows me to interact with like minded individuals as I can't do it with in my circle of friends or with any of my coworkers as they would just hound me into the pavement for the next set of winning numbers which I can't supply yet. I'll just have to keep flying below the radar and that's the way I like it. Cheers everybody and a "Happy New Year" to all.

bruks

To Every One

Yes I’m sitting here in my office and ponder over Lotto649.ws forms. Must I go or must I stay.

Out of 16,906 members there are only few members participating at any time,e.g. In random order

1. Madam
2.Blitzed
3.Barber.
4.Icewynd
5.Frank
6.Teufelli
7.BlouBul
8.Niteowl
9.Larbec
10. LT
11.Ronnie G
And 1 or 2 more…

No new names come to the fore. Is this forum also on its dying roots…
Let’s say out of the 16,906 members there’s at any time only 20 members participating, leaving us with 16,886 members not participating…… Why…. I’m only asking..

Let’s hear your views………………………

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidebar