LottoSelectorXL v102 - Bug Report

Beaker

Nick,

not sure how you want to do this - could have a separate thread for each module :notme:, but I'll start and you can address in a future release.

Bug: 1

Module: Critical Binomial (CB)

Problem: Trials button always defaults to 20 regardless of what is entered in cell H6.
Spinning counter in H6 to another number - say 50 - has same affect - default to 20 trials.

Notes: All other module trial buttons seem to be OK.

If someone has a chance, can you confirm this bug. TIA.:agree2:

Beaker said:
Nick,

not sure how you want to do this - could have a separate thread for each module :notme:, but I'll start and you can address in a future release.

Bug: 1

Module: Critical Binomial (CB)

Problem: Trials button always defaults to 20 regardless of what is entered in cell H6.
Spinning counter in H6 to another number - say 50 - has same affect - default to 20 trials.

Notes: All other module trial buttons seem to be OK.

If someone has a chance, can you confirm this bug. TIA.:agree2:

Hi Beaker,

You are correct.
This is already corrected.
I'll apply the changes soon as more bugs are found or at the end of the day

Thanks,
Nick

GillesD

LottoStatisticsXLp database

I have not run the program but you may want to check the database (Canadian Lotto 6/49) for draws # 1890 and 1990. After comparing it to my own database and two other databases, I found that each of these combinations have one number different from what appear to be right.

Brad

Re: LottoStatisticsXLp database

GillesD said:
I have not run the program but you may want to check the database (Canadian Lotto 6/49) for draws # 1890 and 1990. After comparing it to my own database and two other databases, I found that each of these combinations have one number different from what appear to be right.
Gilles, have you compared your dbase to BCLC? Just curious if those errors are in their file also.

I find that LottoSelector will accept BCLC's .csv files directly with only a quick alteration: must delete column A and row 1 and then possibly column J (n8 for BC49 where the "missing number" is located).

from BCLC:

1890 3/2/02 3 11 13 28 40 47 16
1990 2/15/03 3 11 12 25 32 38 36

hot4

I don't know if this is a bug. When I select the number of the draw in Announcers or SynXronizer, LS assumes it as the number of the first collumn and not the A column, where there are the draw number like Draw 2114 of 24-04-2004.

hot4 said:
I don't know if this is a bug. When I select the number of the draw in Announcers or SynXronizer, LS assumes it as the number of the first collumn and not the A column, where there are the draw number like Draw 2114 of 24-04-2004.

I do not understand.
Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

hot4

Nick Koutras said:
I do not understand.
Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Nick,

let's see some draws of my database that begins in draw 1906 of CanadianLotto 6/49:
... col_A col_B...... col_C col_D col_ E col F
4 1906 27-04-2002 3 8 12 36 40 47 21
5 1907 05-01-2002 1 6 25 31 33 43 49
6 1908 05-04-2002 15 23 38 39 44 49 18
7 1909 05-08-2002 1 10 30 37 44 49 39
8 1910 05-11-2002 9 33 36 40 46 47 35

The first number in each line (draw) relates to the rows of Excel. You can see that draw 1906 is within row 4 and draw 1907 in Row 5 etc...

When I configure Anouncers for draw 1910 it doesn't assume for that draw but for the last one and it changes "For Draw" to 210 that is the maximum of draws in my database. In Synxronize happens the same. The program doesn't accept the real number of the draw but the amount of draws.

I'd like the reverse.

Frank

hot4 said:
Nick,

let's see some draws of my database that begins in draw 1906 of CanadianLotto 6/49:
... col_A col_B...... col_C col_D col_ E col F
4 1906 27-04-2002 3 8 12 36 40 47 21
5 1907 05-01-2002 1 6 25 31 33 43 49
6 1908 05-04-2002 15 23 38 39 44 49 18
7 1909 05-08-2002 1 10 30 37 44 49 39
8 1910 05-11-2002 9 33 36 40 46 47 35

The first number in each line (draw) relates to the rows of Excel. You can see that draw 1906 is within row 4 and draw 1907 in Row 5 etc...

When I configure Anouncers for draw 1910 it doesn't assume for that draw but for the last one and it changes "For Draw" to 210 that is the maximum of draws in my database. In Synxronize happens the same. The program doesn't accept the real number of the draw but the amount of draws.

I'd like the reverse.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I think that you do not understand how the parameters work.

This program is a "backward verifiable" program.
This means that you can see what the program could have predict for any past Draw.

So then as an example:

Let say I wish to know what the "predictions could be for draw 1000" of
the Can 6/49

Then you should follow the following steps:

Under "for Draw" enter 1000
Under "Duration" enter how many draws you wish to go back using the "history file " from draw 999--->1 max

Then adjust for all the other paraneters.

Press the proper button and the predictions for that Draw using any of the methods provided , 1000 in this case come up!

I hope this is clear now.

hot4

Nick Koutras said:
Hi Frank,

I think that you do not understand how the parameters work.

This program is a "backward verifiable" program.
This means that you can see what the program could have predict for any past Draw.

So then as an example:

Let say I wish to know what the "predictions could be for draw 1000" of
the Can 6/49

Then you should follow the following steps:

Under "for Draw" enter 1000
Under "Duration" enter how many draws you wish to go back using the "history file " from draw 999--->1 max

Then adjust for all the other paraneters.

Press the proper button and the predictions for that Draw using any of the methods provided , 1000 in this case come up!

I hope this is clear now.

Nick,
I've done exactly as you are saying. In the output sheet it appears " Announcers as NN Method >>> Selections for Draw 210 of... CANADIAN" whatever configuration I make. And in the Input sheet at last appears this:

Announcers as NN for Draw Duration 99 Pick
...............................210 100....... 1...12

You see that 210 is the amount of draws of my database not the draw number I chose.

Frank

hot4 said:
Nick,
I've done exactly as you are saying. In the output sheet it appears " Announcers as NN Method >>> Selections for Draw 210 of... CANADIAN" whatever configuration I make. And in the Input sheet at last appears this:

Announcers as NN for Draw Duration 99 Pick
...............................210 100....... 1...12

You see that 210 is the amount of draws of my database not the draw number I chose.

Frank
Hot4 just use the arrow (% of draws to be used) to get least draws from your database... :agree:

charles2

the supplied databases, like canada 649 on keno etc are in the day/month/year format, HOWEVER, when you click on the add draw button it defaults the new date as month/day/year !!!!seems backwards to what was supplied? then it throws all the database outta of synch?

Brad

I noticed that too Charles

I think it depends whose data is used. I get around that by making changes outside of LottoSelector, then when reloading do the Excel Data Preview and set MDY or DMY as needed ... then there's no confusion.

I find it easier to use my own dbase.

Brad

Another observation

When changing cell values in 'for Draw' then clicking button to run a test:

1> returning to Input via 'Go To Input' the cell must be hi-lited again to use Spinner
2> returning to Input by clicking 'Input' tab the cell remains hi-lited thus Spinner can be used ... this is more convenient ... sort of

charles2 said:
the supplied databases, like canada 649 on keno etc are in the day/month/year format, HOWEVER, when you click on the add draw button it defaults the new date as month/day/year !!!!seems backwards to what was supplied? then it throws all the database outta of synch?

Yes Charles2,

I have changed the format to
a DD/MM/YYYY format

to maintain global consistency.

Re: Another observation

Brad said:
When changing cell values in 'for Draw' then clicking button to run a test:

1> returning to Input via 'Go To Input' the cell must be hi-lited again to use Spinner
2> returning to Input by clicking 'Input' tab the cell remains hi-lited thus Spinner can be used ... this is more convenient ... sort of

OK,

The last cell will be "remebered"!

hot4

Dennis Bassboss said:
Hot4 just use the arrow (% of draws to be used) to get least draws from your database... :agree:

Dennis,

I go on with the same problem. I think the program needs a database from draw 1 to draw 2114 (2114 draws). Instead of that, my database is truncated, from draw 1906 to 2114 (210 draws).

I'll name the draw number field from 1 to 210 and see what happen :agree2:

Brad

Hi Nick,

tried to e-mail database via LottoSelector but get :

Run-time Error '1004':
Method 'SendMail' object '_Workbook' failed

Andrzej was asking for the WA Keno (Washington) history so I e-mailed it directly, should be in your box now.

Cheers

Sidebar