Looking for matrix spreadsheet

larbec

I am kind of familiar with excel and I was wondering if anyone is willing to share any of their spreadsheets with me. I am from USA and play the jackpot games and looking for any information I can get to help of course win some good ole Benjamin's LOL I am learning everyday about the lottery and know I have a lot more to learn so any help is appreciated

Icewynd

Hi Larbec,

What lotto game are you playing?

An excel spreadsheet isn't a one-size-fits-all solution, but can be customized to what you want. So before you start you need to know what you want the spreadsheet to produce for you.

Good luck!
:thumb:

larbec

Games I play

I play a few

The one I play the mist us Mega Millions which is a 5/75 with 1/15 BB. I also love pkaying the Texas Two Step which is a 4/35 with a 1/35 BB.

I okay the Lotto Texas and Power ball from time to time but nit as much. Some say I'm better off pkaying a game without a BB. What is your opinion? If so, the Lotto Texas is 6/54

Thanks

Icewynd

Wow, they grow those lottos BIG down in Texas! 5/75? 6/54? Ouch!

I'll put together an excel skip chart for Mega Millions for you if you can tell me where I can download the data. That will give you a template for the other games.

Good luck!

larbec

This is the site for Texas and thanks

http://www.txlottery.org/export/sites/lottery/Games/Texas_Two_Step/index.html

Icewynd

Ok, Larbec

Here is a basic excel spreadsheet for your Texas Two-Step lottery.

https://www.mediafire.com/?d50cuup31g945z1

The formulas and tables in this spreadsheet can easily be adapted to other lotteries and the analysis can be expanded as you learn.

Of course, this spreadsheet is provided as is with no guarantees, and is purely for entertainment purposes, blah, blah, blah. :D

Good luck!

larbec

Thanks

I really do appreciate your time and help. I'm on my iPad )-: but will be home in a fee hrs to check if out. THANK YOU!!!

larbec

what does decades mean? Can you give me some direction what to look for that will show me what to play for my next draw? I can already see a pattern of sorts from the decades tab. If you can maybe give me the run down how you would go through this to pick your next set of numbers

Icewynd

Hi Larbec,

"Decades" is just the grouping of the numbers by 10's -- so 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-35. The first and last have fewer numbers which is why I also did the 5 groups of 7 numbers as each group is the same size.

As for tips to pick numbers here are a few things to try:
- On the "White Balls" tab look at the numbers with skips of 5 or less. You know that, on average, 2 of your numbers will come from this group and, 25% of the time 3 numbers will come from this group.

- look at the individual skips columns for anything that looks unusual. For example, Skip 1 is expected to hit 1 in 3 games, but hasn't hit for 5 games. So the group of numbers at Skip 1 might be due for a hit.

- look at the patterns of hits (columns BR to BV) and see what might be going to hit next. The pattern 3100 has hit the 98th percentile of its distribution (Cell BS7 = 0.98), that is 98% of the hits happen at or before the pattern skips 9 games. So it would seem likely that you will get 3 numbers from one skip group (most likely <=5) and 1 number from another group, with 2 groups missing. Similarly the pattern 2110 is also very likely and is the most common pattern to hit.

- Likewise, it seems that the bonus ball may fall in the 15-21 range.

- On the decades tab try to decide how many groups or decades may be missing in the next draw and which ones might be missing. For example group 15-21 has hit in each of the last 6 games, which is quite a long streak as you can see by scanning up the table, so it might go missing.

Sometimes there are no strong indicators for a particular method, so just look for what jumps out. Also, sometimes you will get contradictory indicators so you have to choose. There is quite a bit of intuition involved in picking numbers and this is just one way to look at them.

Good luck,

larbec

Thanks Ice! I will study these like there's no tomorrow you can bet on that

Curious do you win often using these?

Icewynd

Well, I haven't hit the big one yet...

However I did hit 5/6+ last week (6 out of my 20 picks). Unfortunately it was "just for fun" picks for the UK Lotto, so no prize.

OTOH, usually I don't do that well. Your mileage may vary, especially picking 4/35.

Good luck!

larbec

Pretty Good Ice

Congrats even if it was just for fun!! Still a win in my book.

What do you mean about mileage? LOL sorry for my ignorance LOL

Icewynd

"Your mileage may vary" or YMMV

Just an expression to indicate that your experience might be different than mine.

Good luck!

Icewynd

I'm just wondering...

Any comments from the other 15 people (besides Larbec) who downloaded the file?

• Is this the type of analysis you were looking for?
  • If not, what else would you like to see?
  • Does anyone have a better way of analysing their Lotto game in an Excel spreadsheet?

Any and all comments welcome!

Good luck!

Sidebar