just an observation on australian poweball

savagegoose

hey folks.

just checking the draw results, and noticed division2 prizes, or 2nd prize. wasnt won buy anyone. so the prize money rolled down to 3rd prize. about $250k in prize money. usually theres a few winners. them gettin around $50k to $80k.

just had me thinking it would be a good prize to hit if you cant get the jackpot on your own. the odds are around 1 in 4 mill for 2nd for 1 line. or about 12 in 4 mill for me when im playing. i guess the jackpot isnt high enough for people to playing this game at the mo.

i looked back thru the history and it doesnt come up too often that no one wins the 2nd prize

Icewynd

Certainly a second prize would be wonderful, especially a good-sized one like that. Perhaps you could scan back to see if you could identify when the second prize is larger than normal and save your playing dollars for more plays when it happens.

Good luck!
:thumb:

savagegoose

i notice it happens after the jackpot has gone off, and reduces back to $3m,$5m, $10m etc. which i think is a pretty crumby starting pot so i sit out now until the pot gets to $10m , the odds are 1:76m ish.

i guess a lot of other punters sit out till the jackpot is higher also. right now its at $15 mill so i think the 1 or no winners of 2nd prize will be gone for a while now

blitzed

hi y'alll.yeah savagegoose, the default pot sounds miserly!

Australian Powerball odds:
1 in 76,767,600

California SuperLotto Plus odds:
1 in 41,416,353 [jackpot resets at $7million]
http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/superlotto-plus

currently $33million, maybe time to take some stabs at it heh!

take it easy,
blitzed:thumb:

savagegoose

yeah it used to be easier to win 5/45 and 1/45. but they upped it to 6/40 and 1/20. and added 1 or 2 mill to the starting pot.

theres a lot of hassles trying to play US lotto. but i do notice my starting level $10m , is the cusp of when others start to play as well. as a side note it almost never gets 70m before its won.

Sidebar