Is this true

Teufellj

chelsee, howdy do,
The kind of odds that you are talking about are very real. On a personal note...I'd rather NOT tempt the fates to explore the mojo that someone may have put on me concerning lightening...hahahaha! It's true that someone will win something at some time from a lottery...most times you don't win anything. If you toss a coin that has a head on one side and a tail on the opposite then make bets with a friend see how many times out of a thousand that what you or your friend calls that the coin lands so.
Have a great day and stay away from broken mirrors and don't walk under a ladder, the odds are great that something will happen...

Teufellj...

tomtom

chelsee said:
Is it true that the odds of winning the lottery are worse than being killed by lightning?
Well, depending on which game you are interested in…. Some games have that many JP winners weekly, among the other prizes, that it is most likely impossible for that much lightning to occur in the same area. On the other hand, some games can have that bad odds, that poor lightning has nothing with it…

tomtom

chelsee said:
Is it true that the odds of winning the lottery are worse than being killed by lightning?

tomtom said:
Well, depending on which game you are interested in…. Some games have that many JP winners weekly, among the other prizes, that it is most likely impossible for that much lightning to occur in the same area. On the other hand, some games can have that bad odds, that poor lightning has nothing with it…

But, what the odds were chelsee would post her question at the wrong place? Here, at Lotto Wheels, instead at Anything goes or Questions&Answers?

blitzed

ha! funny...I read somewhere that the chance of randomly dying all of a sudden is 1 in 400,000.

later,
blitzed

tomtom

blitzed said:
ha! funny...I read somewhere that the chance of randomly dying all of a sudden is 1 in 400,000.

later,
blitzed

Wow :eek2: …and I would be really glad if had a 6 + bonus out of 29 bouncy balls game that has even worse odds than 1:400000….maybe is something still wrong with my math skills...

:erm:...naaah …my math skills are ok …would play it with some 10 tickets then, if ticket a dollar, or such….. 1:47500 aren't that bad odds for lottery...

blitzed

heh! yup, to win I think it'd be wise to play 5 to 10 picks tomtom...play more on one draw, instead of playing just $1 or $2 on EVERY draw as some people do.

like when I play pick3, I make at least 3 or 4 picks.

seeya,
blitzed

bamid

No, even if we just consider the awarding of large jackpots. In 1996, 1,136 people won $1 million or more playing North American lotteries. An additional 4,520 won $100,000 or more. By contrast, 91 people were killed by lightning.

era

yes that is true there’s no second prize in a lightning strike but in a lottery, you win lesser amounts of money by coming close to the winning numbers. In many games, odds of 1 in 5 or 1 in 4 are not uncommon. Lotteries award over $50 million in prizes in North America every day. Lightning isn’t nearly that productive

blitzed

some people survive multiple instances of lightning strikes.

I guess that under the right circumstances ifya were struck by lightning 2 or 3 times with plenty of witnesses, you might be able to get on a TV show for 15 minutes of fame if Oprah takes pity on you or somethin ha!

later,
blitzed

Teufellj

Could sell your "juice" to one of the power grid entities and get some money for your discharge but man, who wants to look like "Statue of Liberty" at night?

Teufellj...

blitzed

heh! just sayin gettin zapped by lightnin might not be all that bad...especially if it gaveya super powers har har!

seeya,
blitzed

tomtom

Well, as I said some games can have good odds and even good ticket prices and therefore lot of JP winners while JP expressed in a million or more, while some games can have bad odds, just because of game odds and sometimes because of high ticket prices…..I could bet my shoes that many games around the world that have that many winners , as Australian Saturday lotto for example, have more JP winners than really dangerous storms in a week or per year…..in smaller area, and another good example of a game with lot of JP winners ….well...:rolleyes:… Quebec49….

tomtom

tomtom said:
Well, as I said some games can have good odds and even good ticket prices and therefore lot of JP winners while JP expressed in a million or more, while some games can have bad odds, just because of game odds and sometimes because of high ticket prices…..I could bet my shoes that many games around the world that have that many winners , as Australian Saturday lotto for example, have more JP winners than really dangerous storms in a week or per year…..in smaller area, and another good example of a game with lot of JP winners ….well...:rolleyes:… Quebec49….
and also, someone posted here at this forum that Japanese have 6 + bonus/43 lottery game...well, don't know how many JP winners were in that lottery but must be quite many because of odds if the game was available to third of their population or more....

and, I like good odds and many JP winners... JP winners certainly would do good for their societies in many ways, while investing in businesses , or helping their families and friends, just for example....

tomtom

and,of course, 6/49 had a lot of BIG winners when it was $1 game....still, it has quite many good winers now... especially if JP is over 30 mill or such, because it seems in that case some lower level prizes are very big, too...
and, because of a good economy, salaries go up quite fast....sooner or later there will be again quite many JP winners weekly....hope some players will not complain a 30 million JP or such seems low if shared...

tomtom said:
and,of course, 6/49 had a lot of BIG winners when it was $1 game....still, it has quite many good winers now... especially if JP is over 30 mill or such, because it seems in that case some lower level prizes are very big, too...
and, because of a good economy, salaries go up quite fast....sooner or later there will be again quite many JP winners weekly....hope some players will not complain a 30 million JP or such seems low if shared...

lotto went to 2 bucks a pop and sales declined big time....

they should havea oldie night.. Play line for 1.00 just to see the sales difference!

tomtom

Lotto$Master said:

they should havea oldie night.. Play line for 1.00 just to see the sales difference!
Well, I said already that I prefer games where at least one or a couple of JP winners should be common in every draw, good ticket prices and big prizes at all levels of the game. And, that’s just my opinion and perhaps not opinion of majority of players, from many reasons. For example, since good ticket prices can be a vague term, because different people could find good different ticket prices.

In my opinion $1 tickets and prizes distribution were really good, and maybe there was a space for increasing ticket prices just 10% or 20% . But, now is a bit too late to think what would happen if happened

blitzed

Lotto$Master said:

tsk! yup, lottery joints get greedy...ironically if they allowed 25 cent & 50 cent plays for a reduced share of the jackpot, I believe that they'd generate TONS more revenue which they wouldn't otherwise get their dirty paws on.

insteada playin 5 frugal picks for $5, people would obviously play 10 for $5, and very easily justify playin out to 15, 20 or more. 20 picks would represent +50% more revenue.

later,
blitzed

Sidebar