I'm new here, so have a question...

Idjit

With a site like this, I am surprised that I can't find any evidence of group play activity. Has anyone ever suggested that members could contribute to a group purchase fund?
I've done this before with people at work and other groups, and we had a lot of fun. Any interest here?

LT

Administrator
Hi Idjit
That is an interesting question. I know that some members like CM already play in groups at the office etc. and group play is the best way to cover all of those wheeled lines. I don't know how a group could work here. It is against the rules to post email addys or personal contact type of information so if there was a group lottery pool it would have to be co ordinated through me and I don't really wish to take on that responsibility.
What might be best is for members to form their own groups in their various geographical locations and rely on the numbers that so often hit here. I recall a small book on how to form and manage a lotto pool and will post info about it as soon as I find it.

Idjit

Awesome!

Yeah, I did one with a group from Quebec to B.C., and we dealt with sending cash through the mail and a few other issues. The most important part is to put the rules in writing, because everyone has a different way they want to contribute and arrange for payouts. Contact me privately if you want to discuss this.
Thanx!
Idjit

daleks

group play

hi there..i would be interested in joining a group play, but would want to change numbers each draw, perhaps, because everyone is scattered, playing only once a week wednesdays or saturdays.....

Last edited:
TO LT AND IDJIT

No more Group play for me as I am the one who does everything and I don't get any extra so I said the hell with them. Unless we play Combo 8 all the time then maybe we might regroup again.

Idjit

What about...

LT - I think I understand the rules regarding e-mail addresses and such, so tell me if I'm breaking the rules by suggesting this possibility: I know you do not want to administer any kind of group play system- I know it would be very time consuming for you. How about acting as a kind of adoption agency, where you match up anyone who would like to form a group with others who are interested. After that, they can deal with each other outside the website. All that's required from you is to let members know who is administrating the group. Just a suggestion...

I have formed a group recently...an awesome one....I have already recruited some members...The first member is Dennis Bassboss....The second member is Dennis Bassboss....The third member is Dennis Bassboss...The fourth member is Dennis bassboss...The fifth member is Dennis Bassboss...And we do not want that group to be too large so we do not accept anymore players in that awesome group...We will hit for sure because each of the players forming the group must provide some hints....
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

scroodge

What's the odds??

Hi Dennis,

What were the odds of getting so many people with the same names & surnames ? :confused:

Keep us updated on how the group goes. I'm sure there are a few personality issues to consider. :D

Cheers,

Scroodge :cool:

Re: What's the odds??

scroodge said:
Hi Dennis,

What were the odds of getting so many people with the same names & surnames ? :confused:

Keep us updated on how the group goes. I'm sure there are a few personality issues to consider. :D

Cheers,

Scroodge :cool:
Lots of Wannabe...but there is only one Dennis Bassboss... :lol:

mon

I HAVE A GROUP AT WORK OF 18 PEOPLE .(I USED TO HAVE A GROUP UP TO 70 PEOPLE ON VERY BIG DRAWS !) I DONT KNOW BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL IN ONE BUILDING AND I HAVE A HECK OF A TIME COLLECTING :rolleyes:
AND THIS IS IN PERSON !
THEN I HAVE A FAMILY GROUP I ALSO HAVE A HECK OF A TIME COLLECTING:wow:
I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW OR WHY SOME ONE WOULD WANT TO DO THAT OVER THE INTERNET. CANN'T IMAGINE HOW HARD IT WOULD BE TO COLLECT FROM A BUNCH OF STRANGERS :lol:

Idjit

How it works...

Hi Mon! It was simple for me- three main rules:
1. No pay, no play. Period
2. I am not a collection agent, or a loans officer. I will not collect- it's up to you to make sure the cash is in my hand by deadline time. I don't extend deadlines for anyone.
3. If you don't like the rules, you don't belong in this group.
Once folks understood this, we had no problems. The other thing I did that was different than most groups was that I allowed people to contribute whatever they wanted. If someone wanted to contribute $1, and another $50, no problem, as winnings were paid out and/or carried over on a parimutual basis. Of course, all this was tracked on a spreadsheet. There are always some who didn't like to do it this way, and I encouraged them to start their own group.
Cheers,
Idjit

TO MON

If I were you with 18 permanent ppl in my group I would convince them to play Combo 11 Provincial Lotto $231.00 divide by 18 so each one would pay $13.00 and really you would have big chance to win 3 or 4/11 or even better.
Why would you waste your money on AW ?
I know collecting is a nightmare ( that;s why I cancelled mine) but try to get the money from the family group...
Of course you don't have to play this combo 11 everytime cause still $13.00 is a lot of money but you can do it once every 10 days or so.
I wish I had generous ppl here and smart too :D

mon

TO IDJIT

WHAT YOU DO SOUNDS VERY LONG AND TIERING AND LOOKING AT THE LEAGAL ASPECT DO YOU GET EVERYONE TO SIGHNE A CONTRACT ? DO YOU PLAY YOUR OWN NUMBERS ON THE SIDE?
IF YOU DO AND WON A LARGE AMOUNT WOULD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM PROVING THESE WERE YOUR OWN PERSONAL NUMBERS OR WOULD YOUR GROUP HAVE ANYGROUNDS IN CLAIMING THERE COULD HAVE BEEN PART OF THE GROUP NUMBERS ?:)

COMBOMANIAC

THE ONLY THING MY GROUP ARE INTERESTEAD IN IS THE MONEY AND SUPER 7 GOES UP HIGH. I STARTED THIS GROUP REALLY SMALL (4 PEOPLE) WHEN IT WAS A BIG DRAW, AS TIME WHENT BY MORE AND MORE PEOPLE WANTED TO PLAY AND I FELT OBLIGED . I WORK PART TIME AND DONT GO INTO WORK EVERDAY AND SO DO MOST OF THE OTHER PEOPLE, THIS IS ONE REASON IT IS HARD TO COLLECT.

I'M SORRY COMBOMANIAC I TRY KEEPING THESE LOTTO GAMES AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS OF PLAYING DIFFERENT GAMES BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY COMBO 11 PROVINCIAL LOTTO $231.00 ? WOULD THAT BE FOR ME QUEBEC 49 ? EXCUSE MY IGNORENCE ?
:)

Idjit

not so hard...

No big deal. I have the rules in writing- right on the back of the receipt I give for the contribution. Right after the tickets are purchased, a photocopy of the tickets is available for those who like to check at home (encouraged). Yes, I still play a few of my own numbers on the side. As I said, if people don't agree to the rules, I don't let them play with us.
One problem that I have had is where some players want to change the rules a bit to suit themselves. I don't allow this because it causes endless debates. The easiest way to do this is to set the rules and stick to 'em. As soon as you allow the possibility of change, everyone's an expert.
Legality? This is an interesting point. I've read the group form the lottery folks offer for this sort of thing, and it's almost worthless. Again, the trick is to set the rules up front, and no one plays unless they agree with them.

mon

IDJIT

OK FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE A GROUP GOING THAT YOU HAVE CLOSED CTC WITH JUST AS I HAVE MY GROUP AT WORK NOT ON THE INTERNET SYSTEM.
I HAVE A SIGNED CONTRACT AND EVERYONE GETS A COPY OF THE TKTS. WHAT EVER GETS WON GOES BACK INTO PLAY THE VERY NEXT WEEK I DO NOT CARRY ANYTHING OVER .

I JUST WAS WONDERING FROM YOU PREVIOUS POST AT THE BEGINING HOW SOMEONE WOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE A GROUP OVER THE INTERNET, HOW THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO COLLECT THE MONEY, HOW PEOPLE WOULD BE ABLE TO COLLECT IF THERE WAS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT WON ?:)

Idjit

How To...

On the internet, money could be transferred by hyperwallet or Paypal. I have accepted cash and cheques in the mail, but do not recommend sending cash. As you know, the tickets would be purchased 'in trust', and a significant payout would require a news conference, etc. If the lotto people wanted to ask us to meet together for publicity, they would be required to pay for plane tickets, etc. Otherwise, they would mail cheques to each person according to our agreement.

YES MON

Mon,

Yes it's Quebec/49 ...This way you have 11 numbers in your pockets so if 3 of them show up you are a winner. If 4 show up you win a lot...
Try it you won't regret....
My friend and some ppl around him play Combo 10 many times. They have matched 3/10 few times and 4/10 twice or so...
Combo 10 costs $105.00 and when you match 3 you win $350.00
match 4 and you win around $1500.00 match 5 you win 6,000.00
Once I finish my debts ( who knows when ) I will risk and play Combo 10 with that friend..

Sidebar