How to choose ON49, Lotto 6/49 Lotto Wheel numbers

Jamesgame

What are your strategies for picking lotto wheel numbers for ON49 and any other lottery? My strategies have not worked so far and I am looking for a solution.

i) In my wheels, I use 8-10 numbers. I choose abbreviated lotto wheels that generate and guarantee a 4/6 match if 4 of 4 numbers appear in the 8-10 numbers lotto wheel. Sometimes I choose a 3 if 3 or 5 if 5 abbreviated lotto wheels.

ii) I choose only 8-10 numbers per wheel because it keeps the costs low, and it allows me to make multiple wheels. It also allows me to more easily prevent me from having 3+ similar numbers from a previous set of winning numbers as explained below

iii) More importantly, I check that there are no more than 3 numbers in one wheel that appeared in the same set of previous lotto winning numbers as far as 6 months back. For example, my ON49 Wheel #1 for Nov. 9 Draw : 8-14-16-21-33-41-47-28-30 has only 2 numbers (8 and 28) from Oct. 12,2013 Draw (8-17-28-35-38-40). I checked against many other previous draws to make sure there were no more than 3 numbers in a wheel from a recent previous draw. I do this because the chances of 3+ numbers from a previous draw appear together again is very very low.

Thanks for your help!

Jamesgame

iv) If I find that I was about to place 3+ numbers from a previous draw, I often +1 or -1 from a previous set of winning numbers. Again, Wheel #1 for Nov. 9 ON49 Draw : 8-14-16-21-33-41-47-28-30 has the numbers 16 and 41 that are +/-1 of the 17 and 40 of Oct.12 Draw 8-17-28-35-38-40

Icewynd

Jamesgame said:
iv) If I find that I was about to place 3+ numbers from a previous draw, I often +1 or -1 from a previous set of winning numbers. Again, Wheel #1 for Nov. 9 ON49 Draw : 8-14-16-21-33-41-47-28-30 has the numbers 16 and 41 that are +/-1 of the 17 and 40 of Oct.12 Draw 8-17-28-35-38-40

Yes, adjacent numbers (+ or -1) are a useful source of numbers.

No adjacents from the last game this time, but that means there will probably be some (1 or 2) next time. The problem is narrowing down the 14 potential numbers (or 12 if you don't use the bonus) to just a couple for play. This is where some of the other number-picking methods come in handy.

I don't go back further than one game when I am looking at adjacents as it gives too large a pool of numbers for consideration. Of course, you could just randomly select any previous draw.

I'd be interested to know what wheels you are using and why. Maybe you could post something on the Lotto Wheels board?

Good luck!

:thumb:

Jamesgame

Icewynd said:
Yes, adjacent numbers (+ or -1) are a useful source of numbers.

No adjacents from the last game this time, but that means there will probably be some (1 or 2) next time. The problem is narrowing down the 14 potential numbers (or 12 if you don't use the bonus) to just a couple for play. This is where some of the other number-picking methods come in handy.

I don't go back further than one game when I am looking at adjacents as it gives too large a pool of numbers for consideration. Of course, you could just randomly select any previous draw.

I'd be interested to know what wheels you are using and why. Maybe you could post something on the Lotto Wheels board?

Good luck!

I also look at adjacents from the previous draw on some of my wheels such as Nov. 9 Wheel #10: 13-17-20-28-35-49-42-31-30 has adjacents 2-18-21-23-37-43 from Nov. 6 Draw. For other wheels, I select a random previous draw to create adjacent numbers.

The wheels that I use are from lottostrategies.com Wheeling System. Their 9 numbers 4 of 4 abbreviated wheel makes 12 combinations that repeat each of the chosen lotto wheel numbers equally. I like that each lotto wheel number repeats 8 times. Some lotto wheels have numbers that repeat more frequently than others and this in my opinion affects your judgement as you'll be uncertain of which numbers to play more frequently (you're already uncertain of which numbers to choose for each wheel if you're playing multiple wheels. Adding another factor only makes your wheels less likely to generate results). For instance, as the number 43 was drawn the previous draw (Nov. 6), you might be tempted to have 43 repeat fewer than another number that did not repeat. However, during the draw (Nov. 9) it turns out that 43 was drawn again and now you didn't win anything or as much as you could have because you chose the number 43 to appear less frequently than another number. Note that in wheeling, you can always win more than the minimum guaranteed.

Here is a description from the lottostrategies.com website:
Wheel Description: Abbreviated Wheel A-6-9-4-4-12 wheels 9 numbers in 12 combinations for a 6-digit lotto game.
Minimun Win Guarantee: If 4 out of the 6 winning numbers fall into the 9 numbers wheeled, you are guaranteed to have at least one combination with 4 winning numbers. You can always win more prizes than the minimun win guarantee.

Icewynd

Jamesgame said:
Here is a description from the lottostrategies.com website:
Wheel Description: Abbreviated Wheel A-6-9-4-4-12 wheels 9 numbers in 12 combinations for a 6-digit lotto game.
Minimun Win Guarantee: If 4 out of the 6 winning numbers fall into the 9 numbers wheeled, you are guaranteed to have at least one combination with 4 winning numbers. You can always win more prizes than the minimun win guarantee.

Interesting, James. I'll check it out.

I believe you mentioned that you play multiple wheels for 50-100 tickets. Do you try to get all (or most) of the 49 numbers in your wheels, or do you do a reduction of the pool and then wheel the most likely candidates?

Good luck!

Sidebar