Historic event!!

thornc

Nice to hear that Dennis.

Pardon my ignorance, but does your nation have a similar deal? Or are you still negociating it?

thornc said:
Nice to hear that Dennis.

Pardon my ignorance, but does your nation have a similar deal? Or are you still negociating it?
For a small portion of our territory...We have made up a deal with the Provincial government last year....but with the recent change of power in our province..the new goverment wants to re-open that already made deal....In essence we have currently a deal...not like the ones you saw yesterday...But on a positive note... Enormous progress was made with the previous goverment....It is much more complicated to conclude some arrangements with the provinces...(compared to a territory)because in this country we have federal jurisdiction instances and provincial jurisdictions instances concerning gestion of the land...and its ressources....
We do have our own institutions in some areas...like schools, public services..etc...
We have never stopped negociating...Since the first settlers came..It is believe that in the next 10 years the aborigenal (native people) % of population in Canada will triple...while for other people it should stay the same....We will then have more bargaining power....
:agree:

thornc

Sometimes I wonder how the world would have turn out if Henrique and Colt would have died at birth as did many children at their time....

It would certainly be a different world for both African and American native populations....

Sidebar