Help with formula Please

bloubul

Will some one please help me.

I'm using this formula "=IF(COUNT(C5)=0,"",INDEX($Q4:$BI4,0,C5))", as long as there are only numbers (1_49) in C5:G5 the formula works great, but if I put a "0" in C5:G5, than it gives me "####" in J5:N5, but the "INDEX($Q4:$BI4,0,C5))" part works fine it see the "0" and count it, it's the front part of the formula that gives me problems.

Thanks

BlouBul :cool:

bloubul

Sorry for the delay to upload the file but we are experiencing major power failures.

https://www.mediafire.com/?33l4jfi0249ywoh

Frank

Hi Bloubul,
The problem arises because you are using the INDEX function with a parameter of 0. INDEX tries to find a number in an array on row number, column number where you set those 2 parameters. You cannot have a column number of 0. The other thing wrong is that the row (array) you are looking in starts at column R ( corresponding to number 1) when it should start at column Q (to include the data about number 0). You need to amend the formulas(s) to take account of this extra column of information starting with a zero (data) column.

Change the formula in cell J5 to read :- =IF(COUNT(C5)=0,"",INDEX($Q4:$BJ4,0,C5+1))

copy this along to cell N5 , then copy the whole block of 5 cells J5:N5 down the spreadsheet to replace the old formulas.

Try that.

bloubul

Once again I thank you. I'm trying to learn Excel and formula's, but at 65 yrs it's not that easy any more. Thank you.

Frank

You are welcome, Bloubul. I'm 70 this year, so its a struggle trying not to forget what I already know! :laugh:

Sidebar