Help with a good wheel for Pick 6

insync

Hi All,
I am new on this forum and I need help with a good wheeling system for Pick 6 games. I went thru some of the threads and also tested several wheels but don't seem to find the right balance.

Please bear with me if the question was asked before.

Here is the case: I play the Western 649 (Canada) always from a pool of 28 numbers that I choose mainly based on skip dues (nothing new here).

Where I grow frustrated is when all the winning numbers appear in my selection and somehow I can't line them up:smash:

As an example my selection for the Nov 30th game included 02-03-05-15-17-34-46-04-13-16-19-20-22-07-09-10-12-30-36-14-26-27-31-29-33-35-37-06 (all with skip due between 0 to 5).

I wheeled them with Gail H's 3if6 system in 32 lines. Ended up with 1-4# (pays $50) and 4-3# (pays $40). I had enough to cover the cost of the tickets.

Now look at what the winning numbers were for that draw: 03-10-19-20-27-46 with bonus number 13.

I had all the winning numbers including the bonus number in my selection but I could not line them up :confused:

Hereunder my questions:

1) Is there a 28 wheel for pick 6 which garantees 5 numbers prize in 32 combos or less if 5 or 6 numbers of your selection are winners?

2) Is there a better strategy to wheel 28-30 numbers to trap the 6 winning numbers for sure if they are in your selection? (something not too expensive).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Insync.

bloubul

Hi Insync

Welcome to the board. Download CoverMaster V55, for me thats the best, I'm sorry to say but GH's wheels they don't match.

If you are having trouble finding it, find me on blitzed's site and I will send you a copy, I have both versions.

BlouBul :cool:

Icewynd

Hi Insync,

I feel your pain with wheeling as I have had the same experience myself. But I'm afraid that it is the nature of the beast.

insync said:
Where I grow frustrated is when all the winning numbers appear in my selection and somehow I can't line them up:smash:

As an example my selection for the Nov 30th game included 02-03-05-15-17-34-46-04-13-16-19-20-22-07-09-10-12-30-36-14-26-27-31-29-33-35-37-06 (all with skip due between 0 to 5).

I wheeled them with Gail H's 3if6 system in 32 lines. Ended up with 1-4# (pays $50) and 4-3# (pays $40). I had enough to cover the cost of the tickets.

Now look at what the winning numbers were for that draw: 03-10-19-20-27-46 with bonus number 13.

I had all the winning numbers including the bonus number in my selection but I could not line them up :confused:

Actually, you beat the guarantee for that wheel with your 4 number prize, as the guarantee is only a 3 number prize if all six numbers are among your picks.

insync said:
Hereunder my questions:

1) Is there a 28 wheel for pick 6 which garantees 5 numbers prize in 32 combos or less if 5 or 6 numbers of your selection are winners?

2) Is there a better strategy to wheel 28-30 numbers to trap the 6 winning numbers for sure if they are in your selection? (something not too expensive).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Insync.

I am certainly not a wheeling expert, so feel free to disregard anything I say. But, based on my reading, 28 numbers is a lot to wheel. The problem is that there are 376,740 ways to combine 28 numbers into 6 number combinations, so any wheel is going to represent only a tiny proportion of the possible combinations.

I just bought Iliya Blushkov's book "Lottery Systems (Wheels) with Guaranteed Wins" which is supposed to be the gold standard of wheeling. I haven't had time to really get into it yet, but a quick perusal of the table of contents shows System #62 with a 4-number prize guaranteed if 6 of 27 numbers are drawn, but it requires 222 combinations! Or, System #80 which guarantees a 3-number win if 3 of 27 numbers are drawn which requires "only" 167 combinations. :eek: The closest wheel with a 5-number prize guarantee wheels 16 numbers and requires 224 combinations.

[/B]Lotto-Logix (.com) has some wheels for larger sets of numbers and Bob Perkis has a good understanding of how wheels work, so you might check it out. He has some wheels for a group of 28 numbers. For 20 combinations you have an 18% chance of winning a 4-number prize if all six are drawn. Or, for 94 combinations you can have a 70% chance of winning a 4-number prize if all 6 are drawn.

That is the dilemma of wheeling: A good guarantee costs too much while a wheel that you can afford has a crummy guarantee.

C'est la guerre!

:thumb:

insync

bloubul said:
Hi Insync

Welcome to the board. Download CoverMaster V55, for me thats the best, I'm sorry to say but GH's wheels they don't match.

If you are having trouble finding it, find me on blitzed's site and I will send you a copy, I have both versions.

BlouBul :cool:

Thank you Bloubul for the reply. I downloaded CoverMaster a while back and requested a password from the author but never got a reply.
I will appreciate your help in getting the latest version. Not sure about the website you mentioned though (Blitzed)? Any pointer?

Regards,
Insync.

insync

Icewynd said:
Hi Insync,

I feel your pain with wheeling as I have had the same experience myself. But I'm afraid that it is the nature of the beast.

Actually, you beat the guarantee for that wheel with your 4 number prize, as the guarantee is only a 3 number prize if all six numbers are among your picks.

I am certainly not a wheeling expert, so feel free to disregard anything I say. But, based on my reading, 28 numbers is a lot to wheel. The problem is that there are 376,740 ways to combine 28 numbers into 6 number combinations, so any wheel is going to represent only a tiny proportion of the possible combinations.

I just bought Iliya Blushkov's book "Lottery Systems (Wheels) with Guaranteed Wins" which is supposed to be the gold standard of wheeling. I haven't had time to really get into it yet, but a quick perusal of the table of contents shows System #62 with a 4-number prize guaranteed if 6 of 27 numbers are drawn, but it requires 222 combinations! Or, System #80 which guarantees a 3-number win if 3 of 27 numbers are drawn which requires "only" 167 combinations. :eek: The closest wheel with a 5-number prize guarantee wheels 16 numbers and requires 224 combinations.

[/B]Lotto-Logix (.com) has some wheels for larger sets of numbers and Bob Perkis has a good understanding of how wheels work, so you might check it out. He has some wheels for a group of 28 numbers. For 20 combinations you have an 18% chance of winning a 4-number prize if all six are drawn. Or, for 94 combinations you can have a 70% chance of winning a 4-number prize if all 6 are drawn.

That is the dilemma of wheeling: A good guarantee costs too much while a wheel that you can afford has a crummy guarantee.

C'est la guerre!

:thumb:

Thank you Icewynd for the reply. Yes I agree that 28 numbers is a lot to wheel. I have not managed yet to reduce my number set below 28. Ideally if I could reduce to 12-15; it would probably be better for my budget:beer:

I happen to have Bluskov's book on Pick 6. I tried his 4if6 wheeling 18 numbers in 42 combos a few times. I must admit that it work better than GH's one. My only challenge with Bluskov is the fact that his big wheels (up to 27 numbers) are expensive for me (222 combos +) :spiny:

I was thinking maybe if i have the 28 numbers set, i could use some small wheels to see if the 6 winning numbers come together? I test drove this on paper with a past selection to no avail.

I will check out the wheels at logo-logix as suggested.

Regards,
Insync.

Sidebar