Gail Howards Advantage Gold

doug_w

I have downloaded this and am using it in Demo Mode. you only get to see 5 of the charts.

Has anyone actually bought and are using this program to do their lotto analysis?

What software is everyone else using to do their analysis ?

I also downloaded the demo and i am now contemplating on buying the software, the price is just too steep. IF someone can confirm Karnac theory is still working i might close my other eye and buy it.

I just bought it. I think I wouldn't go by her way of choosing individual numbers, but I do like her charts show where there are biases. If there is a bias of odds play more evens, and vice versa. Bias of highs, play more lows. I really like the chart on the group biases. I was using it from her book, but now with the software, I don't have to use as much time putting things on paper.

As for the Karnac Theory, I still haven't been able to see where it is better than what I already do to pick numbers. BUT, I've only had the software for a couple of days. I'm still playing with it.

FL

doug_w

What is KARNAC THEORY

king-maze1 said:
I also downloaded the demo and i am now contemplating on buying the software, the price is just too steep. IF someone can confirm Karnac theory is still working i might close my other eye and buy it.

Can someone explain what Karnac Theory is ?

doug_w said:
Can someone explain what Karnac Theory is ?

Basically....you go to the hit chart in the software, and look at the top 15 in each column, after you have changed the column numbers from 50-25-10 to something like, 18-12-6. If you keep pressing the minus key, going backwards in time, you'll see that there were 2, 3 or 4 hits in the 15...in one of the columns. Indicating that if you play the 15 in the 6 or 12 column, you may get a few right.

I'm finding it not worth doing, but others here have had some occasional success.

I'm not giving up until I find the golden key to seeing how to pick under 12 numbers to wheel, so it is affordable.

My Lotto is tomorrow night, and so far....I have 24 numbers. Gack! Not sure how to make it lower, except that my favorites are only 12 of them. But rarely do I get more than a couple right out of my favorites. Out of the 24...I'd likely have 4, 5 or 6 correct. But that is too many to wheel that would make a difference.

doug_w

FlourishingLight said:
Basically....you go to the hit chart in the software, and look at the top 15 in each column, after you have changed the column numbers from 50-25-10 to something like, 18-12-6. If you keep pressing the minus key, going backwards in time, you'll see that there were 2, 3 or 4 hits in the 15...in one of the columns. Indicating that if you play the 15 in the 6 or 12 column, you may get a few right.

I'm finding it not worth doing, but others here have had some occasional success.

I'm not giving up until I find the golden key to seeing how to pick under 12 numbers to wheel, so it is affordable.

My Lotto is tomorrow night, and so far....I have 24 numbers. Gack! Not sure how to make it lower, except that my favorites are only 12 of them. But rarely do I get more than a couple right out of my favorites. Out of the 24...I'd likely have 4, 5 or 6 correct. But that is too many to wheel that would make a difference.

Thanks for the reply FlourishingLight, but sadly I only have the demo version of the software and cannot access that particular chart. Wish I could help out.

Cheers

doug_w said:
Thanks for the reply FlourishingLight, but sadly I only have the demo version of the software and cannot access that particular chart. Wish I could help out.

Cheers

Thanks. I really like the software, the more I am using it. I am finding other charts more useful than the hit chart. Honestly, you can get hit charts for free on the web, such as at LottoStrategies website. Though, that website shows only the hits, in the history, that happened that day, instead of what followed. With the Gail Howard software, it shows what the result was, the next day, on the chart. My favorite charts in the GH software are the Drawing Since Hit Chart and Abbreviated Chart. I also utilize the bias charts for odds/evens and highs/lows. If there are no biases to make decisions on, I am going to the chart for the group biases. It is a very useful software. I recommend.

Blessings!
FL

doug w said:
What software is everyone else using to do their analysis ?
I will be using Microsoft products! :) Access to store/retrieve draw data, and Excel for more numerical and ad-hoc analysis. I also have an old version of Visual Basic, which may come in handy for any stand-alone applications.

doug_w

TheConcept said:
I will be using Microsoft products! :) Access to store/retrieve draw data, and Excel for more numerical and ad-hoc analysis. I also have an old version of Visual Basic, which may come in handy for any stand-alone applications.

Hi TheConcept

May I suggest you get the community edition of Visual Basic (I believe it is free) and SQLLocalDB (free).

HalfBee

doug_w said:
Hi TheConcept

May I suggest you get the community edition of Visual Basic (I believe it is free) and SQLLocalDB (free).

Let me second that...

The community edition is free but a bit bloated since it loads everything...
Well worth it if you've got a newer system (Vista doesn't work with it), the express versions of the past were fine, and most everything from older versions can be upward compatable.

Now the 'community' part could allow sharing of project code if and when it is secure and protected from the data suckers... surprising how a link meant for a handful of people can rack up hundreds of hits quickly...

Always good to find other VB junkies.

HalfBee

doug_w

Hi Halfbee

HalfBee said:
Let me second that...

The community edition is free but a bit bloated since it loads everything...
Well worth it if you've got a newer system (Vista doesn't work with it), the express versions of the past were fine, and most everything from older versions can be upward compatable.

Now the 'community' part could allow sharing of project code if and when it is secure and protected from the data suckers... surprising how a link meant for a handful of people can rack up hundreds of hits quickly...

Always good to find other VB junkies.

HalfBee

I take it you have written you lotto system in Visual Basic too.

How long have you been doing it.

HalfBee

doug_w said:
I take it you have written you lotto system in Visual Basic too.

How long have you been doing it.

I wish it were that simple... was doing some work back in vb6 days, but most was from 2008 to 2010. There were a few specialty programs for the forums here, mostly limited in scope and designed for proof of concept for theories being discussed.

Then came 2011 and the fight and even longer recovery from cancer treatments. Only in the past year have I started getting back into new or updated versions with the newer tools that have come out.

Databases and vb were a pain in vs2005 & vs2008 but now the ease of dataset & xml features (which I'm just starting to understand) it makes things a bit easier. Many of my earlier programs were for specific lotteries, i.e. CA Fantasy5, UK6/49, or whatever data download I was tracking, but are being made generic to accept a range of game types.

Some of the projects are well documented in how things were done, but others were quick and dirty and take time to figure out. Am not a professional programmer, so I do it MY way rather than properly and don't build in the safeguards and error handling a commercial product must have.

This means if I know what it does, and the steps needed to get the results I want, it works fine for my purposes. But one step wrong and BBBLAM!!! you get obscure error message (usually related to data not found to process).

Doing the barest minimum for maximum duration with average results...

HalfBee

This is out of topic discussion so starting proper thread for VB discussion...

madam

doug W:If you could latch on to Karnac's missive of 8, 28, 2004, #9. I think that it will help you see what his theory if. I have been with and without it for sometime and find it keeps me with enuff to play the next lot. I tried to explain my use of it to FlourishingLight, maybe he can enlighten you if he understood my explanation.

madam said:
FlourishingLight: which chart has the group biasis?

Sorry for the late reply. I will go look, but just discovered that my Advantage Gold has disappeared from computer. I think it may have happened when I cleaned the computer after a virus scare. After I get the program back...I'll let you know. :)

Sidebar