Free lotto-5, lotto-6, lotto-7 wheels & systems

saliu

• A number of lotto wheels are available to you for free from saliu.com. The wheels (abbreviated systems) are compressed in three self-extracting EXE files: SYSTEM6.EXE, WHEEL5.EXE, WHEEL7.EXE.

WHEEL5.EXE: Lotto-5 Wheels

SYS-9 35 = 9-number '3 of 5' wheel, 3 combinations
SYS-10 35 = 10-number '3 of 5' wheel, 6 combinations
SYS-11 35 = 11-number '3 of 5' wheel, 6 combinations
SYS-12 35 = 12-number '3 of 5' wheel, 12 combinations
SYS-13 35 = 13-number '3 of 5' wheel, 12 combinations
SYS-14 35 = 14-number '3 of 5' wheel, 13 combinations
SYS-15 35 = 15-number '3 of 5' wheel, 27 combinations
SYS-16 35 = 16-number '3 of 5' wheel, 35 combinations
SYS-17 35 = 17-number '3 of 5' wheel, 47 combinations
SYS-18 35 = 18-number '3 of 5' wheel, 51 combinations
SYS-19 35 = 19-number '3 of 5' wheel, 59 combinations
SYS-20 35 = 20-number '3 of 5' wheel, 71 combinations

WHEEL7.EXE: Lotto-7 Wheels

SYS-10 57 = 10-number '5 of 7' wheel, 3 combinations
SYS-11 57 = 11-number '5 of 7' wheel, 5 combinations
SYS-12 57 = 12-number '5 of 7' wheel, 11 combinations
SYS-13 57 = 13-number '5 of 7' wheel, 18 combinations
SYS-14 57 = 14-number '5 of 7' wheel, 27 combinations
SYS-15 57 = 15-number '5 of 7' wheel, 43 combinations
SYS-16 57 = 16-number '5 of 7' wheel, 63 combinations
SYS-17 57 = 17-number '5 of 7' wheel, 105 combinations
SYS-18 57 = 18-number '5 of 7' wheel, 154 combinations
SYS-19 57 = 19-number '5 of 7' wheel, 159 combinations
SYS-20 57 = 20-number '5 of 7' wheel, 253 combinations
SYS-20 57 = 20-number '5 of 7' wheel, 366 combinations

SYSTEM6.EXE: Lotto-6 Wheels

SYS-9 46 = 9-number '4 of 6' wheel, 3 combinations
SYS-10 46 = 10-number '4 of 6' wheel, 5 combinations
SYS10 46 = 10-number '4 of 6' wheel, 3 combinations
SYS-11 46 = 11-number '4 of 6' wheel, 11 combinations
SYS11 46 = 11-number '4 of 6' wheel, 5 combinations
SYS-12 46 = 12-number '4 of 6' wheel, 10 combinations
SYS12 46 = 12-number '4 of 6' wheel, 6 combinations
SYS-13 46 = 13-number '4 of 6' wheel, 23 combinations
SYS-14 46 = 14-number '4 of 6' wheel, 23 combinations
SYS-15 46 = 15-number '4 of 6' wheel, 31 combinations
SYS-16 46 = 16-number '4 of 6' wheel, 53 combinations
SYS-18 36 = 18-number '3 of 6' wheel, 20 combinations
SYS-18 46 = 18-number '4 of 6' wheel, 104 combinations
SYS18 46 = 18-number '4 of 6' wheel, 51 combinations
SYS-20 36 = 20-number '3 of 6' wheel, 30 combinations
SYS-20 46 = 20-number '4 of 6' wheel, 154 combinations
SYS-20 F1 = 20-number , 1 FAVORITE, '4 of 6' wheel, 59 combinations
SYS-20 F2 = 20-number , 2 FAVORITES, '4 of 6' wheel, 20 combinations
SYS-24 36 = 24-number '3 of 6' wheel, 74 combinations
SYS-24 46 = 24-number '4 of 6' wheel, 453 combinations
SYS-28 46 = 28-number '4 of 6' wheel, 570 combinations
SYS-30 36 = 30-number '3 of 6' wheel, 115 combinations
SYS-30 46 = 30-number '4 of 6' wheel, 974 combinations
SYS-30 F1 = 30-number , 1 FAVORITE, '4 of 6' wheel, 241 combinations
SYS-30 F2 = 30-number , 2 FAVORITES, '4 of 6' wheel, 48 combinations

WHEEL42 36 = 42-number '3 of 6' wheel, 252 combinations
WHEEL45 36 = 45-number '3 of 6' wheel, 304 combinations
WHEEL49 36 = 49-number '3 of 6' wheel, 416 combinations
WHEEL51 36 = 51-number '3 of 6' wheel, 477 combinations
WHEEL54 36 = 54-number '3 of 6' wheel, 575 combinations
WHEEL69 36 = 69-number '3 of 6' wheel, 1298 combinations

CDEX49 36 = 49-number 'random generation', 416 combinations (created by Joe Roberts-CDEX)
GENER 49 = 49-number 'random generation', 416 combinations, using
the random number generator at http://www.saliu.com/generator.html
Both random combination sets beat any wheel of equal parameters as far as higher prizes are concerned.

• Use SHUFFLE.EXE or FORMULA.EXE to shuffle (randomly arrange) your picks. Repeat the randomizing procedure several times.

•• Use FillWheel.exe to 'wheel' your picks; i.e. replace the theoretical numbers in the SYS/WHEEL files by your picks.

We was posting seriously on the wheels in 2000. I created a 49-number ‘3 of 6’ lotto wheel: WHEEL49.36 (416 combinations). I thought it would perform better than any random set with the same amount of combinations. Quote:

“Essentially, I said that WHEEL49.36 always performs better because it
is a system. That is, all the combinations are linked by certain rules.
I explained how important it is to have balanced frequencies of the
numbers taken individually. I also explained how important is to have a
good balance of the pairs. The statistical balance is the main reason
why I didn’t even bother to check my wheel against more real drawing
data files.”

That wheel (WHEEL49.36) had a quick ‘5-winner’ hit in a lottery. It also performed better in the short run in other lotteries. One rec.gambling.lottery regular, Joe Roberts-CDEX created a random set (albeit not entirely random!): CDEX49.36. He challenged WHEEL49.36 to a test. Another r.g.l. old-timer, Nick Koutras tested both “wheels” and wrote:

“If we use real payoffs (3-w=10$, 4-win=70$, 5-win=1722$) and using the Saliu Design we shall generate more profit by 5.3236081% than using the Random Design.”

I changed my position diametrically. So did Joe Roberts. I would give Joe full credit, but his original opinion was motivated only by being opposite to mine. Then he also diametrically changed his opinion, only because I changed mine diametrically! He now believes that the wheels perform better as compared to random sets of equal size. I changed my opinion based on facts, specifically based on data analysis. I have checked the wheels and random sets against more data files (real draws files) and larger data files.

I tested WHEEL49.36, CDEX49.36, and GENER.49 against the UK lotto-6 draw file (without bonus number). My UK-6 file has 758 draws. The three test wheels consist of 416 combinations each.
WHEEL49.36: 0 ‘6 hits’, 5 ‘5 hits’, 308 ‘4 hits’, 5625 ‘3 hits’;
CDEX49.36: 0 ‘6 hits’, 8 ‘5 hits’, 323 ‘4 hits’, 5493 ‘3 hits’;
GENER.49: 0 ‘6 hits’, 9 ‘5 hits’, 333 ‘4 hits’, 5549 ‘3 hits’;
It is clear that the real wheel (WHEEL49.36) performs better only in regards to the guarantee it was designed for: ‘3 of 6’. The random sets, however clearly perform better in the higher prize categories. For a mathematical explanation read:
http://www.saliu.com/wheel.html
http://www.saliu.com/bbs/messages/11.html

You cannot use LotWon, SuperPower or MDIEditor and Lotto to generate test sets. Like the universal random number generator at www.saliu.com, LotWon enables a group of data-independent internal filters. In addition, LotWon employs some data-dependent internal filters automatically. Therefore, the combination sets may not have any hit in a past draw file. It will have far better results in future draws, however. It is recommended to run the combination generators several times before using a combination set. If you run the universal random number generator at www.saliu.com a few hundred times, the probability to hit higher prizes is undoubtedly higher.

Download the free lotto-5, lotto-6, and lotto-7 wheels from the FTP Download site:
http://www.saliu.com/infodown.html

You can also download some of my free programs from WinSite. If clicking on the following links doesn’t work in your browser, then copy the link and paste it into the address box of your browser.
FORMULA.EXE from WinSite.com:
http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?win95/education/Formula.exe|0|14500000036893

COMBINATIONS.EXE from WinSite.com:
http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?winxp/education/Combinations.exe|0|15000000036444

Ion Saliu
http://www.saliu.com/

Ben

saliu said:

• A number of lotto wheels are available to you for free from saliu.com. The wheels (abbreviated systems) are compressed in three self-extracting EXE files: SYSTEM6.EXE, WHEEL5.EXE, WHEEL7.EXE.

Gracias..
Merci Saliu, very interesting......

saliu

Some lotto wheels enthusiasts assessed the wheel performance in an honest manner. They simply counted all the hits recorded by a wheel. Probably the software they’ve been using can’t distinguish between different categories of wins (hits). That is ‘5 of 6’ hits were counted together with ‘3 of 6’ hits. In the case I presented, WHEEL49.36 recorded 5938 hits. The random set GENER.49 recorded 5891 hits. The wheelists jumped in joy! “See? The wheel beat the random set by 47 hits!” But the wheels are used for the purpose of winning. Let’s consider the following prizes: $10 for ‘3 of 6’; $100 for ‘4 of 6’; $1000 for ‘5 of 6’.
WHEEL49.36 would win:
5625 x 10 = $56,250
308 x 100 = $30,800
5 x 1000 = $5,000
Total: $92,050
GENER.49 would win:
5549 x 10 = $55,490
333 x 100 = $33,300
9 x 1000 = $9,000
Total: $97,790
The random set performed better by $5,740.

Sometimes a random performs better than a wheel in any hit category. I presented the issue in “The myth of lotto wheels or abbreviated lotto systems”:
http://www.saliu.com/bbs/messages/11.html
How 'bout the “world champion”, the 163-combination wheel guaranteeing 100%+ '3 in 6'? Well, that wheel, too, followed closely the official lotto odds: Total Hits: 0 '6 of 6'; 1 '5 of 6'; 104 '4 in 6'; 1872 '3 in 6'. A 57-combination random set produced, line for line, 117 '4 in 6'; 1905 '3 in 6'.

Of course, there are those with an interest in lotto wheels and wheeling. They sell wheels on paper or wheeling software. Their interest is to stress that the wheels offer a great advantage over random play. There is no “great” in the equation; moreover, the “advantage” is actually disadvantage!

There are also the “wheelists” as in “ufologists”. Die-hard ufologists will never conceive that UFOs do not exist. After all, they spent their lives chasing UFOs! Die-hard wheelists cannot conceive that lotto wheels do not present an advantage over random play. After all, they spent their monies buying and playing lotto wheels!

A short explanation for this assessment founded on thorough data analysis: Lotto is random; wheeling is less random, since the combinations are hand-built.

Almighty Number reveals Itself through Randomness. Only randomness is Almighty. Randomness is great.

Ion Saliu

More detailed materials plus wheels (!) and software can be found at:
http://www.saliu.com/

saliu

• You will know when a topic belongs in the “passion” category. Factual data is taboo. But nothing is more convincing than data analysis when presenting a “passionate” topic. Lotto wheels are such a topic. I have analyzed large amounts of data. I only encountered cases where the wheels perform worse than random sets at prize levels higher than a wheel guarantee. I haven’t seen anybody with findings to the contrary. Besides, the main point of the “wheelists” is that the wheels offer a “great advantage” over random play. That’s how some (try to) sell lotto wheels and wheeling software. That’s the main point. Pay for something that’s worse than something else, which is free!

•• The most hilarious defense of lotto wheeling relates to taxation. Playing lotto wheels offers also an advantage for taxation purposes. In a country such as USA, lottery winnings must be reported on the tax forms. That is, the net winnings. The player must keep accurate records of cost and winnings. If the winnings exceed the cost of playing, the result is reported to IRS. The opposite is not valid. If the costs exceed the winnings, the player may not take the net loss and deduct it! Wouldn’t that be great if allowed, wheelists?

I showed how the 163-line wheel registered higher losses than a random combination set. The bottom line is lotto wheels will lose more money in the long run. Also the random sets will lead to financial losses in the long run. We are talking NET LOSSES here. Let’s suppose, repeat, only suppose, that IRS would treat the lottery as a legitimate charity. Then, the net losses from playing the lottery would be considered donations to charities. Then, they would be deductible. In such an absurd case, it would be an “advantage” to play lotto wheels. They assure higher losses, therefore higher deductions! There would be a limit, of course. The taxable income would reach level zero soon. Nothing may be deducted below zero!

Well, this wheel taxation topic is yet another manifestation of the ‘Bomide PhD syndrome’! Just search for it in rec.gambling.lottery at groups.google.com…

Even though I offer some free lotto wheels, I advise now against playing them. I only look at them as mathematical sets.

Anybody can analyze large amounts of data using my freeware WINNERS.EXE. The program categorizes the wins (hits) by three major prizes. The program also shows the winning combinations and draws. Download location of the program, plus many more free programs:
http://www.saliu.com/infodown.html

Ion Saliu

Goswinus

saliu said:
...How 'bout the “world champion”, the 163-combination wheel guaranteeing 100%+ '3 in 6'? Well, that wheel, too, followed closely the official lotto odds: Total Hits: 0 '6 of 6'; 1 '5 of 6'; 104 '4 in 6'; 1872 '3 in 6'. A 57-combination random set produced, line for line, 117 '4 in 6'; 1905 '3 in 6'...

This is great stuff!!! Thanks for the info. :bawl:

Do a test of a wheel with as less overlapping Tuplets as possible.
Use a Steiner System.

You will see that such a wheel
*always* will perform better than random.

A wheel that does cover a design, after an ~80% coverage, is producing blocks that overlap to satisfy the condition of the design.

If you use wheels with less overlapping of Tuplets, in the range of ~80%-90% cover,
you can avoid the misfortune!

Goswinus

OK, I can't resist any more!!

saliu said:
...I showed how the 163-line wheel registered higher losses than a random combination set....

Just curious, but where exactly did you show this?

What you have shown here, is that the exact same combinations from the wheel didn't perform well on the UK lottery. What's the point of testing that? I couldn't care less!

Ever think about populating a wheel, or do you never play number 13 in a 12 number wheel?

I can show you a few populations of the "world champion" which have hit the jackpot once when I check them against the same 758 draws of the UK lottery.

Kind regards,
Goswinus

P.S. In honor of Dragan Stojiljkovic and Rade Belic, I think I'll never post a wheel with numbers again. I can't use smilies, because that would include to many images in my post.
I'll think of something...

lets resume Lesson number 01....
In other words... simple words ...if you can't find the right numbers...wheel or not you are getting nowhere....
:lol:

Godload

I am kinda new to lotto theory, so consider me a lotto noobie. But I kinda see wheels and lotto this way. There is no magic bullet theory in lotto. Playing Lotto is like being blind folded and being put into 2 square miles of land at night. Your job is to try to hit a specific number of unknown targets as possible. Now the wheel to me is like using a sawed off shotgun. It allows you to spray a certain area based on what you think may pop up. The effectiveness whether it may be considered a success, or failure might be based on the ability of an individual to pick their numbers. The wheel in itself is a nice tool. In the hands of a skilled person, they may hit more targets than another person who is less skilled. No one said if you wheel you will be guaranteed to win in any lotto. It usually says if you have x amount of numbers in your pool that match x amount of drawn numbers, you are guaranteed this prize.

Godload

I am not a programmer or a mathematician. I am quite ignorant in both fields. In fact I am quite ignorant in lotto theory and strategy, but I am trying to learn it. But I look at it this way, there is an art to picking the right numbers of sorts. And an artist cannot blame his chisel or paintbrush for not producing a masterpiece. In the same way I don't think you can fault wheels for not winning the combination of numbers that produce the jackpot. Putting it in a simple way if you pick 6 numbers say 1-2-3-4-5-6 and play it, you may have a theoretical chance of winning the jackpot with this, but your chances realistically are slim. In the same logic, if I wheeled 1-2-3-4-5-6-42-43-44-45-46, theoretically I have a chance to win the jackpot, but in realistic terms 99.9999999% of the time most probably it will be wasted money. Wheeling is a tool to be used and by far the easiest part of lotto. You just plug the numbers in and crank it out. The tough part of winning the jackpot is hitting the right numbers. Its like 2 submarines in the water trying not to be detected, but trying to seek the other out so it can destroy the other one first. Finding the other is the hard part, not pulling the the trigger or pushing the fire button.

Goswinus

Godload,

You're absolutely right, but not entirely.
The main advantage of a wheel is playing more (than 6) numbers.
In fact, the ultimate example of a wheel for the 6/49 is a wheel where all 49 numbers are covered.
One of these covering-all-numbers-wheels is what we have called the "world champion". It has been found by Dragan Stojiljkovic and Rade Belic and consists of 163 combinations, which is believed to be the lowest number of combinations with a 3 number hit guarantee.
Since it covers all 49 numbers, this wheel will hit all 6 drawn numbers (and the bonus number too).

The existence of such a wheel prooves that wheeling is not about which numbers to pick ( :eek: heavy statement! ).
The trick is how to pupulate the wheel, or, in other words, how to capture as many combinations as possible that are likely to win (without compromising the wheel's guarantee).

There are many distinguished members on this excellent forum that have contributed to the discussions on this topic.

Kind regards,
Goswinus

GillesD

Guarantee for 3 winning numbers

I have seen this mentionned before: 163 combinations for a guaranteed 3 winning numbers.

Does anybody know a place where these combinations can be found? It could be interesting to find out the average payout.

Brad

Gilles,

try Peter's Wheels ...

Just checked, the one on that site is C(49,6,3,6)=164 , which must be their earlier version.

Beaker

Re: Guarantee for 3 winning numbers

GillesD said:
I have seen this mentionned before: 163 combinations for a guaranteed 3 winning numbers.

Does anybody know a place where these combinations can be found? It could be interesting to find out the average payout.

download from here

http://www.geocities.com/dragans2000/

Spend $163 make $10 minimum.
You're right Gilles, let's run it through the history and see how much we would win.

We know it is at least $20,140 but we have spent $328,282.

Rebeckah

To anybody who minimizes the importance of a good wheel:

I hope you never feel the heartbreak of picking all the winning numbers, yet not winning more than a 3/6 because your wheel is a piece of crap.

Beaker

Rebeckah said:
To anybody who minimizes the importance of a good wheel:

I hope you never feel the heartbreak of picking all the winning numbers, yet not winning more than a 3/6 because your wheel is a piece of crap.
Now that would be crap :crap: :lol: and we need to cut that :crap: out.

Rebeckah

definately. I've done it twice already & that's 2 times too many.
If you {anybody) wants to see how good your wheeling sw is, create a set with the last winning #s in them, and then run it thru your sw. When I tried this with Gail Howard's wheels I was totally sickened by how those wheels missed the JPs over and over. :crap: :sick: Live & learn.

Goswinus

Rebeckah said:
...because your wheel is a piece of crap...

Please remember: It's not the wheel that's crap, it's the population.

GillesD said:
...It could be interesting to find out the average payout...

Do you realize that there are FACT(49) or
ways to populate a 49 number wheel?
There's no way you can test 'em all, it's all in random selections.

So lesson number 3 it might be better to populate a smaller wheel having a better garantee to start with!
Because if you can populate a bigger wheel why wouldn't you be able to populate a smaller wheel???:confused:

Sidebar