For Ontario49 Players

Icewynd

From my examination of "playslip" groups, the 6th column of numbers (36-42) has not gone missing for 11 draws.

Usually, these groups miss fairly often -- 50% of the time a second miss will come within 2 draws of a miss, and 96% of the time a streak will go no more that 6 draws without another miss. Only 0.05% of streaks exceed 11 draws without a miss, so this group is ripe to miss within the next few games. The maximum number of draws without a miss for this group is 14 (in 1677 draws).

Take it for what it is worth, but I won't be playing 36-42 again until after this group misses.

:thumb:

Icewynd

Et Voila! 03-12-18-24-45-46 (07) -- no numbers between 36-42.

I just love it when these situations crop up -- in effect its like playing 6/42, because you can eliminate 7 numbers. The only problem is that sometimes these streaks can endure for longer than you would expect.

Good luck,

Jamesgame

On49

Hi icewynd,

Very interesting observations on your playslip!
There aren't many ON49 players are there? I also play this game using abb lotto wheels. However, I noticed that there hasn't been a $1,000,000 winner in over the past 11 draws. What other reasons could account for this? Sometimes when I play and invest $50 in one draw, I end up losing because the numbers drawn are completely disproportionate such as 5-7-9-15-41-42 on Oct. 16,2013, since my sets of numbers usually include all groups of 10s,20s,30s and 40s.

Some questions that I'd like to ask a devoted ON49 Player (I dont know any knowledgeable lotto player in my daily life who studies numbers and patterns as much as we (people on Lotto forum) do.
From your experience of playing ON49 which draw day has yielded better results (the numbers drawn are more patterned out etc.) Wednesday or Saturday?

For Saturday Nov. 9, I am preparing the numbers I'll be playing and I'd like to use your playslip pattern. As well, I'll choose numbers following LT's number selection method for Lotto649. What numbers do you sense will miss/appear for Nov 6 and or Nov. 9?

Icewynd

Hey James,

Good to hear from you!

I haven't analyzed the draws by Wed/Sat (LOL -- that's probably the only pattern I haven't looked at!). I have read that it is better to play midweek draws as fewer people play then, so less likelihood of splitting the prize -- although that only matters for the JP with ON49.

I happen to think ON49 is a great game, but I also suspect that few people play -- seduced by bigger JP's elsewhere I suppose. Where else can you pick all your own numbers for only $0.50 a ticket?

Regarding upcoming games -- I will post more for Saturday when I have the Wednesday results. However, we are due for a Zero decade miss after 9 hits in a row, so the first digit could be in the teens (or, rarely, twenties) tonight or Saturday.

Also, we are due for a game with 5 Low/1High or 1L/5H :eek: -- these happen about 2 times in 10 games and we have gone 10 games without, so it is coming soon.

Sorry -- these comments are hardly reassuring about "normal" distributions! But ya gotta roll with the punches the game throws at you.

Best of luck for your tickets -- if you are playing 100 tickets you must be winning some great prizes, no?

Jamesgame

Hey Icewynd,

Now that we have Wednesday's Nov. 6 draw results of 2-18-21-23-37-43 (41), What are your current predictions/probabilities for Saturday?
Your previous predictions were pretty good, just that the 18 was not expected to hit but it did.

i) How long does it take you to come up with the numbers and probabilities? Do you have all of this saved in excel or word document file or some program?
iia) Are we still due for a1H/5L or 5H/1L? AND iib) Are we still due for a Zero decade miss?
Which is more likely to occur this saturday: 1H/5L or 5H/1L or A zero decade miss?

Sidebar