Excell Skip Hit Chart

cdrake

Thanks Frank I'll look into it on my next set of days off. I haven't really utilized imbedded macros, as of yet, as there definitely would be a learning curve and my wife is saying I'm spending too much time as it is working on this lotto puzzle. I've also been playing around with the match() function and the min() function which in a primitive sense give me the skips of a database. Your screenshots look very professional. My base software is lottostatisticsxls along with some other popular titles. I still find excel to be my go to as its very flexible and I can let my imagination just free flow with ideas. Talk to you later and happy lotto.

Frank

If your results in cols A to F have nothing else below them, I suggest you get familiar with naming ranges ( if you have not not already done so) in Excel. That is the quickest way you will be able to use the easiest way around your problem, which is by using my macro. When a macro talks to a named range, it doesn't matter if the user has at any time inserted a row or column (thus moving the cell(s) to a new address), the macro still works, provided its a name with absolute references, which Excel defaults to anyway.
Its very easy to create a named range, by using the Name box, located to the left of the formula bar. Select a cell or range then delete whatever is displayed in the name box, type in a name (without any spaces in it) press <return> or <enter>, that's all .You can then select that range later by using the drop down in the Name box.

If you want to delete a named range ( maybe you misspelt the name) it's a bit harder, you have to use name manager. To access this, click on the Formulas tab and select name manager. In the Dialog, click on the range you want to delete, hit the delete button. Job done.
Have a practice, and get back to me when you are ready, but don't wait 8 years, I might well be no longer here.

cdrake

Thanks Frank for all of your input. I've made a number of tables utilizing the Bernoulli's trial formula along with the theoretical skip and the next due to give me a clue as to which number or cell is close to hitting in the next few draws. I'm also trying to figure out a way to get the theoretical hit value to be more accurate. I'm thinking of applying a moving average to see if that'll improve its accuracy when I take the actual skip of the entity I'm trying to predict. Talk to you later and happy lotto.

Sidebar