Does anyone play just for the Max Millions?

Icewynd

I was reading recently about the changes coming to 6/49. Basically they are adding an equivalent to the Lotto Max "Max Millions" where additional numbers are drawn for a prize of $1 Million.

The lotto commissions obviously think this is a big deal for players. Since the big Jackpot is so hard to win, how many of you play Lotto Max just for the Max Millions?

Jamesgame

Icewynd said:
I was reading recently about the changes coming to 6/49. Basically they are adding an equivalent to the Lotto Max "Max Millions" where additional numbers are drawn for a prize of $1 Million.

The lotto commissions obviously think this is a big deal for players. Since the big Jackpot is so hard to win, how many of you play Lotto Max just for the Max Millions?

Hi Icewynd

I do not play Lotto Max just for the Max Millions. Having the Max millions just makes me want to play the game (I don't play Lotto Max when there are no Max millions) because your chances of winning increase by the number of max millions available (which is still very very minimal) and having this increase in odds is a bit reassuring since $5 is a lot to lose.

The chances of winning the big jackpot is as hard (same odds) as winning the Max Millions though. What do you mean by hard to win?
Maybe I answered your question.

Icewynd

Jamesgame said:
The chances of winning the big jackpot is as hard (same odds) as winning the Max Millions though. What do you mean by hard to win?
Maybe I answered your question.

Well, yes, the odds of winning a Max Millions prize are still 1:28.6 Million, but often you will have a chance at multiple prizes, so your $5 ticket buys you 3 chances at the main draw ($50 Million if there are Max Millions) and 3 chances at several $1 Million draws, so the same $5 gives you more chances to win.

I play with a group and we only play Lotto Max when the JP reaches the $50Million mark, but someone must play all the time or it would never get to that level!

15tons

Hindsight is 50m/50m

Lotto Moanie . Ok so I broke down last night(1/10/14) and dashed off a number for lottomax 20 mins before 9pm draw time. Eyeballing the last 7 draws I hastily penned my intuitions direct to selection slip. Usually I like an hour of focused time.
But invariably the phone rings,or a friend starts texting. Dang! Don't they know I'm entering the Zone..My Red Hour!!

Official Lotto Max result: 12 28 31 38 40 41 45 (15)
My # : 8 15 20 26 38 40 49

I opted for a 4+ 3- scenario, and if wishing to drop another $5 would have tried a 3+ 4-. After the draw I reviewed the last 7-10 draws and dropping the first decade (0) would seem a decent probability(hunch) outcome.

After my ticket was printed out, I went aarrgh,why did I play my + as BOTH last digit repeats?? Shuda done split it + -!! Haste makes waste.

So my round-about question is ,whether one is using science or 'psychic' methodology..

Is there a CHART somewhere which illustrates the ODDS of the various outcome scenarios (cumulatively wise i.e decade skip + digit repeats + (+/- ratios) etc.

Is last nights results in the 3 million range?

Icewynd

15tons said:
So my round-about question is ,whether one is using science or 'psychic' methodology..

Is there a CHART somewhere which illustrates the ODDS of the various outcome scenarios (cumulatively wise i.e decade skip + digit repeats + (+/- ratios) etc.

Yes -- but I had to build it myself. That is basically the type of stuff that my Excel spreadsheet tells me.

Have you seen the website Lotto Soup? http://www.lottosoup.com/lottomax/
They have a lot of statistics on Lotto Max and they cover other lotteries too (6/49, etc).

Regarding your +/- strategy, I think using 2 numbers is too simplistic. For example the last ON49 draw (1/11/14) had a difference by position from the previous draw of -7,+13,+13,+18,+12,+1, and the prior draw was +7,-11,-12,-14,-9,+2.
So you can see, there is no nice symmetrical pattern like +3,-4,+3, etc. The only thing I have noticed is that the number swings by position are often similar in magnitude but opposite in direction. From the 2 results above you can see that P1 was +7 then -7, P2 was +13 followed by -11, etc. But even so, it is difficult to predict the next value.

I've been puzzling over these game-to-game differences for a long while and I still haven't come up with a way to use them, other than including some adjacent (+/- 1) numbers in my combos, since there are often 1 or 2 of these.

15tons said:
Is last nights results in the 3 million range?
Not quite sure what you are asking here.

Good luck!
:thumb:

15tons

Thanks! Icewynd , for bird-dogging the lotterysoup.com site!
I had a quick boo at it,and it looks like a good fit right now for the stage I'm at,and whatever rudimentary sensibilities I'm currently running with.
It's like walking into a Canadian Tire store!

As suggested, I have waded into the forums 'excel/macro' site a bit,and starting to get a sense of the gist of things there still.

Re: +/- depictions. The 4+ 3- guessing was looking at the(i) +/- totals (ratios)
over the previous draws (ii) and then my next usual step would be viewing the
+/- sequences of the recent draw history (iii) This step; would be perhaps the 'positional discrepancy' (p1 +7,p2 -7..) The concept you just introduced me too!

I vaguely ,or subconsciously had a recognition of its spectre, but thank you for bringing it to the fore, and as a formal term.

'Yes the 3 million odds was my guesstimate of a decade missing , so draw now becomes 7/39 (40?) , then factor in +/- ratios, (do last digit repeats effect odds). etc . And if one guesses there won't be any LD 6s,7s,9s,for example this would further reduce the overall selection pool.'

As my math is woeful :lol3:
I was just trying to get a rough horse sense of how the various events effect the odds. :beer:

Icewynd

15tons said:
Thanks! Icewynd , for bird-dogging the lotterysoup.com site!
I had a quick boo at it,and it looks like a good fit right now for the stage I'm at,and whatever rudimentary sensibilities I'm currently running with.
It's like walking into a Canadian Tire store!
Hehehehe! Exactly!

15tons said:
'Yes the 3 million odds was my guesstimate of a decade missing , so draw now becomes 7/39 (40?) , then factor in +/- ratios, (do last digit repeats effect odds). etc . And if one guesses there won't be any LD 6s,7s,9s,for example this would further reduce the overall selection pool.'

Yes, this is very similar to the way that I try to reduce the number pool myself. Note that Lotto Soup refers to Decades as "Number Cohorts". In the 6/49 game 86% of draws have one decade missing, so if you can pick the correct one there's 10 numbers gone (or 9 sometimes). Last digits are a bit trickier as they jump around so much, but I have a fair bit of success picking one to hit and one to miss.

Good luck!
:thumb:

Sidebar