confused

Maggie

Boy, everything must be outta whack. I wanna know how come my local paper this morning says the temp. in TO tomorrow is going to be 29 with a 60% chance of rain, and the temp.on MSN website says only 19 with a 30% chance of rain. Go figure..:confused:

It's great to be able to get back on the board!! :agree2:

Irvin

Must be secret lotto code.

29 has a 60% chance of showing and 19 has a 30% chance.

also same LD, 2 different decades could also be the spread...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brad

yeah, good to be able to log on again

Maggie, I'll happily trade even your 29 for my mid to hi 30s (my own mercury stick, nevermind the ws or papers) ... another week of the stuff forecast, no rain in sight ...
guess if it wasn't that I'd find something else to carp about :cool:

Maggie

Don't mind the hot temp. it's the humidity that kills. ;)

Ya know, one needs to know what the weather will be in order for one to know what to wear. :cool: Say that real fast 3 times. Carp, carp, carp, carp.

Beaker

Maggie said:
Don't mind the hot temp. it's the humidity that kills. ;)

Ya know, one needs to know what the weather will be in order for one to know what to wear. :cool: Say that real fast 3 times. Carp, carp, carp, carp.
Supposed to be wet but warm here on the 26th Maggie - bring an umbrella for your trip.

Sheba

St. John's Summer Scorcher 7/25/03 (Audrey Whelan)
July isn't over yet, but the Newfoundland Weather Centre in Gander says the City of St. John's has already set a record. Meteorologist Rodney Barney says for 11 straight days, from July 13th to July 23rd, temperatures reached 25 degrees or above at St. John's International Airport. He says with the humidity lately, the temperatures felt even warmer. Barney says that breaks a previous stretch of 6 days set in 1995. He says the thermometer in Gander also climbed to 25 degrees or higher for eleven straight days this month, almost breaking the record. Barney says the warm weather is the result of a persistent southwesterly flow over eastern Newfoundland

5 Months till Christmas.....:santa:.

Brad

Ground floor business opportunity ...

*BOTTLED AIR*... imported ... scented ...

... why not? it worked with bottled water :cool:

Brad

I can give you one more reason ...

Pick your own Super7 lines ... all of them ... no force fed QPs :lol:

... but local Keno sucks ...

daleks

<<<in TO tomorrow is going to be 29 with 60 %....on MSN only 19 with 30 %>>>maggie........

whenever i watch a TV station from just across the border in seattle, or a local one from Victoria and see the weather map they put up, there is always a big difference in temps just south of the border......at noon today in Victoria it was like 27 degrees, and just south of the border, in seattle, it was 81 degrees........same in the winter time.....it is like 10 or 11 degrees here, and just across the border it is 55 or 57 degrees.....perhaps that 's why they are always buying so much electrical power from our utility companies.....heating the open air maybe..........:beer: .......kept cool outdoors in the snow patches

Irvin

Dalek :wavey:

Maybe on oneside of the border it is shown in celsius and on the otherside it is farenheight (not sure of spelling).

today in my hometown for Winter it is;

12 degrees C or 54 degrees F.

Trivial question;

At what temp is farehieght and Celsius the same?

Irvin :cool: - Oh its so warm down here.

charles2

Irvin said:
Trivial question;

-------------------

but hey at that temp u'd be so cold it wouldn't matter :lol: :cold:

ps. not including wind chill

Irvin said:
Dalek :wavey:

Maybe on oneside of the border it is shown in celsius and on the otherside it is farenheight (not sure of spelling).

today in my hometown for Winter it is;

12 degrees C or 54 degrees F.

Trivial question;

Irvin :cool: - Oh its so warm down here.
Daleks answer to the trivia ....After a few beers .... :lol:

Irvin

Charles,

At -40 you can sell a freezer to the eskimos.

Just dont plug it in and as a bonus offer 1 free oxygen tank.

:frosty:

PS you are correct :clap:

Sidebar