Color Blind?

Maggie

Member
What's with these crazy drivers anymore?? Just about got hit earlier making a left because someone decided they didn't want to wait for the next green and went straight through the red. He only missed me by about a foot, only because my turn was almost done. It's getting so bad here with people running red lights all the time. Makes me mad. :mad:
 

Beaker

Member
There's a stretch of road that I drive quite often that is 40 kph speed limit - many times a speed trap is set up because its gravy for the police.

I have seen this so many times that when I go down this street I never go more than 40.

Well, the other day while travelling that road, some idiot was behind me honking and flashing his lights at me from behind.

He decided he'd had enough and passed - blasting by at 80-90.

Guess what? Speed trap ahead and he was pulled over BIG time.

As I was going by, I slowed and honked and shook my head at the freak.

The moral? Let them be idiots cuz they'll get caught.

That fine - 40 over the limit is like $300++ - and points.

Freak.:lol: too bad.
 

Maggie

Member
I know, makes you wonder, what's the big hurry? Everyday I see people at a very busy intersection that I go through on the way home making left turns on red lights. Ya got the one making his left on the yellow, then it turns red and 3 more people after that make their left. (and they are not in the middle of the road) And you're sitting there at your green waiting for them. :confused:
 

peter

Member
We have 45 rotating red light cameras in Edmonton.
That is to say we have 45 cameras that move to different intersections regularily, to catch those that go through or turn at a red light. These cameras take your license plate number, in about a week expect a nice polaroid and a fine in the mail.
 

charles2

Member
we have these rotating cameras in Toronto too, but you know what's worse, try being a cyclist or pedestrain on the road against a 2 ton car :eek: needless to say now i know why they all scream like mad in large cities like NY and now Toronto :lol: :eek:

what i like about Quebec though, = NO RIGHT TURNS ON A RED !!:agree2: i think Ontario should be like that too.
 

Florie

Member
While on the subject, my car was totalled by a truck trailer last February on 401 coming from the ramp trying to get into the lane. Turned up it was my fault as per insurance company. If trying to change lane or merge and one got hit it is ones fault so be careful.

First driver said, I didn't see you when I asked how can you have hit me I am right in front of your truck? I said you could have not missed my big car. And then he said Well, I cannot let everybody in.

Never mess up with some truck drivers.
 

charles2

Member
Florie said:
While on the subject, my car was totalled by a truck trailer last February on 401 coming from the ramp trying to get into the lane. Turned up it was my fault as per insurance company. If trying to change lane or merge and one got hit it is ones fault so be careful.

First driver said, I didn't see you when I asked how can you have hit me I am right in front of your truck? I said you could have not missed my big car. And then he said Well, I cannot let everybody in.

Never mess up with some truck drivers.

did he hit you from behind as you were pulling in front of him on on the side? Hope no one was hurt.
 

Florie

Member
charles2 said:
did he hit you from behind as you were pulling in front of him on on the side? Hope no one was hurt.

Actually it was just crawling traffic as always in the morning. Got hit at an angle where my left rear tail light is.

Am okay, thanks. Also, thankful that car has good metal frame and body. Big dents and scratches along the length of the car as it spun around hitting the truck.
 

Irvin

Member
I was involved in a crash I was over taking a truck and the truck driver decided hes going to overtake another truck in front of him. He pushed me right off the road and into a ditch. Completely destroyed the car and walked away with a few bruises.

Got done by a cop at 4am going through an intersection just as the light turned red. 4 in the morning and the only car around was the cop car. And I was coming into town to pick up my mate who was too drunk to drive home.
 

cheezwiz

Member
Turn on red lignt

Charles2

what i like about Quebec though, = NO RIGHT TURNS ON A RED

Not anymore, now we can turn on red light in Quebec, except for Montreal Island and where it's indicated on panel that you can't

ALmost one intersection on two.
 

charles2

Member
Re: Turn on red lignt

cheezwiz said:
Charles2

what i like about Quebec though, = NO RIGHT TURNS ON A RED

Not anymore, now we can turn on red light in Quebec, except for Montreal Island and where it's indicated on panel that you can't

ALmost one intersection on two.

that's too bad, though 50 % is still good.
 

Sidebar

Top