Classic example of why you should not choose popular numbers

Frank

Wednesday's UK lotto threw up a result that surprised the match 5 and Match 5 plus bonus ball winners. The result was 7, 14, 21, 35, 41, 42 bonus 43. So people who bet on multiples of lucky seven were rejoicing for about ten seconds until they found out that 4082 people had matched five main balls and the prize money was just £15. Match 3 winners got the fixed £25 prize! Five plus bonus ball winners got just £10,016 each. It's the first time ever that a top tier prize has been lower than a lower tier fixed prize.The jackpot rolled over for the ninth time.
It's what we've warned against for years, and now four thousand people will change their numbers. :)

Teufellj

Hi, Frank...
Just goes to show how mis-management of the lotteries can upset people here or around the globe. It's akin to the debacle in Illinois. If they play-GOD-in religious establishments, those same miscreants may be able to
sweep the problem under the table after a time but mess with the peoples money whether rich or poor and all hell breaks loose! At this point in time I feel really bad for the players not the money launderers.

Teufellj...

Icewynd

I guess all those people may be re-evaluating how "lucky" the number 7 and multiples are! Now just wait until 1-2-3-4-5-6 comes in and you will see some more screaming from people who didn't learn from this example.

Good Luck! (and good numbers!)
:thumb:

mabuse

Hi everyone!
Haven't been here for a while.....and now I'm reading this!!!!
£15 for 5 numbers!!!! That's a major rip-off, no matter what shady explanation the lottery operator came up with!!!
Yet another reason to play lotteries with fixed payouts!!!

Frank

Well it nearly happenned again, Last Wednesdays's numbers were 01,07,09,10,12,31 bonus 28. Obviously popular birthday numbers since the match 5 plus bonus prize was £7,135, seven winners.

The Match 5 prize was £156 with 336 winners, and the match 4 prize was just £27 (12,460 winners) only £2 more than the Match 3 fixed £25 prize.

I rest my case.

Icewynd

Birthday numbers are frequently warned about on lotto boards, but this is a case in point! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention Frank.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Frank

Well the story continues. Last nights UK lottery result was probably someone's luggage combination. 1,2,3,4,20,21, BB22 !

As well as being part of allegedly the most common lotto bet it consisted of a consecutive quad and a consecutive triple and also when you add them up it is the lowest sum of the first six balls balls (51) in UK lotto history - and all seven adding up to 73.

This did impact the prize payouts, the jackpot was won by only one ticket but 14 people got 5 plus the bonus ball bringing that prize down to £3848. The 187 match 5 winners got £303 each, normally the prize would be in the thousands. The match 4 prize was £37, just £12 more than the fixed match 3 prize.

Sidebar