basic skip chart spreadsheet

mabman

I'm trying to find a spreadsheet (Excel 2000 or higher) that will generate a basic skip chart listing all of the skips for each number (in order from most recent) as well as median skip for each number, given a specified number of draws to look back to.

I've got LottoStatisticsXL, but unless I'm missing something, I don't think its "hit/skip" function does quite that - it seems to be counting the number of times a particular skip occurred for each number (if I'm reading it correctly, that is).

I've searched around, but I'm coming up empty. Any ideas?

PAB

Hi mabman,

mabman said:
I'm trying to find a spreadsheet (Excel 2000 or higher) that will generate a basic skip chart listing all of the skips for each number (in order from most recent) as well as median skip for each number, given a specified number of draws to look back to.
Here is a Post from Last Year by GillesD.
Have a look through it and see what you think.
I think it will Probably Accomodate Most of what you Require.

GillesD said:
Skips for Pick 3 draws
Let’s say your data in Excel has the draw number in column A and N1, N2 and N3 in columns B, C and D starting on row #3 and going down. Row 2 can be used for labels. Note it might be best if the width of columns is small in order to see more (a width of 5 is enough).

A - Skips not considering the position

The method listed here does take into consideration the position a number has come out but simply when it did come out last.

In cells F1 to O1, enter the consecutive numbers, 0,1, 2, …, 9. In cell F3, enter the formula =IF(COUNTIF($B3:$D3,F$1)>=1,0,F2+1). Then copy this formula across to column O, and down for all the draws.

This will give you a 0 if the number in the top row has come out in the draw or otherwise a number indicating how many draws the number has not come out.

B – Skips considering the position

This method now takes into consideration the position of the number, either in first, second or third position.

In cells F1 to O1, enter the consecutive numbers, 0,1, 2, …, 9 for numbers in the first position, then repeat this, in cells Q1 to Z1 for numbers in the second position, and in cells AB1 to AK1 for numbers in the third position.
In cell F3, enter the formula =IF($B3=F$1,0,F2+1), in cell Q3, the formula =IF($C3=Q$1,0,Q2+1) and in cell AB3, the formula =IF($D3=AB$1,0,AB2+1). Then copy each formula across each set of data and down for all draws.

This will give you a 0 if the number in the top row has come out in the draw or otherwise a number indicating how many draws the number has not come out in a specific position depending on which block of data you are looking at.
Hope this Helps.
All the Best.
PAB
:wavey:

mabman

Well, not quite. I've adapted the concept for use with 6/49 data, and I think I got it right, but I'm really looking for a little more simplified presentation - for example, the way it's laid out in Saliu's "FREQ" text file (via util632.exe), but in spreadsheet format.

I can probably monkey something up to parse that text file, I just thought there was something a little more "canned" in spreadsheet format for easier manipulation.

Thanks anyway.

Skip Chart

Did you ever create an excel skip chart?

mabman said:
Well, not quite. I've adapted the concept for use with 6/49 data, and I think I got it right, but I'm really looking for a little more simplified presentation - for example, the way it's laid out in Saliu's "FREQ" text file (via util632.exe), but in spreadsheet format.

I can probably monkey something up to parse that text file, I just thought there was something a little more "canned" in spreadsheet format for easier manipulation.

Thanks anyway.

Sidebar