Automate copying rows based on counter number increment

larbec

Can you copy rows of letters and place the answers in another column if the letters change from row to row? I have 4 digit counters that either go Up or Down, are Even or Odd so I place a UD or EO along side them. I want to duplicate what they do in one column and place the new results in another column "except" the counter numbers will be different.

https://app.box.com/s/3swthar2r01rtk0djz46

Icewynd

So.....are you saying that if both the UP and ODD counters change (for example) then elsewhere an UP/ODD cell will increase by one?

That sounds like a simple =IF(AND(...) problem. Unless I'm not understanding your request?

Good luck!
:thumb:

larbec

I said that wrong ice. U and E are always the same. It stands for Even or Up. The O and D do the same thing. It stands for Odd or Down. The 1st two columns are always even or up the 3rd and 4th columns are Odd or Down

larbec

I am trying to duplicate what is happening in columns HIJK 30-44 in columns OPQR and VWXY. E and U are in columns HI OP and O and D are in columns JK QR. I will have 2 rows of numbers as in rows 43 and 44 OPQR and VWXY.

If 1st movement is a U or E column(s) H or I OR O or P will advance UP 1 digit from 1111 to 2111 or 1211 in OPQR or 3222 or 2322 in VWXY.

If a 1st movement is a O or a D column(s) Q or R OR X or Y will advance up 1 digit from 1111 to 1121 or 1112 in OPQR or 2222 to 2232 or 2223 in VWXY.

2nd movement UP row 41 will have to be in column(s)P if U in OPQR or V in VWXY. You can not advance up a row if you have a single cell like the 3 in O42 or the 3 in W42

3rd movement Up is an O or D so either Q or R in OPQR will go up or X or Y in VWXY. Because there is an even number of cells like 4 1's vertically in columns Q and R rows 41-44 and columns X and Y in rows 41-44 either column can advance Up. I will pick Q and Y to go Up

4th movement Up is another O or D so again it will move in Q or R OR X or Y. Because there is a single cell in Q40 and Y40 columns R and X have to go up even though there is an Odd amount of cells vertically 40-44 (OPQR VWXY) The only place it can advance Up with an od number of cells is from the starting point on the bottom rows. After it gets a foundation of even number of cells vertically it will stay even.

The next movement Up is an E or U so because there is a even number of cells vertically in columns O 39-42 and W 39-42 they are the ones that advance Up

The next one to advance is another E or U so the P or V will go Up

This is how the counters move up. The conditional formatting is very important so I need to have the green font with gray shade and red font with yellow shade

I hope this makes better sense and again. THANK YOU for your assistance

https://app.box.com/s/dx5uez49p4i4spnrx9a8

larbec

I have done another video a lot shorter and made some changes to make it easier I hope to understand

I have a row of numbers that change as they go up. I will have 2 rows of numbers that will range from 1's all the way to 9's (B through BO) I will have different letter sequences that I will be entering as the criteria in column F either on the Up and Down sheet or the Even and Odd sheet. When I say different sequences. This is 1 group of letters. The next group of letters in column F will be in a different order. They will always be a U and D in one and E and O in the other but in row 13 it may have a U or D and it will be the same all the way down. The object is for me to be able to place the letters in either column F from rows 13 to 60, place 2 rows of numbers in rows 58 and 59, press the advance cell in G1 and it it populates all across the spreadsheet from I to BO. I will get all different number sequences since I am starting with a different number in rows 58 and 59. I have all the letters color coded and they move up based upon the color of the letters in row 1. If there is a green E in column M then I will be the column that the number advances from 1111 to 2111. If there is a green O then column K will advance up from 1111 to 1121.

I made a short video if you wish to view it.

The conditional formatting is very important so I need to have the green font with gray shade and red font with yellow shade

https://app.box.com/s/y67iqdnhmxdwvhjyv033

Sidebar