April 4 Discussion

dwoods99 said:
Dennis, I don't recall seeing your announcers grid posted for this draw. Did I miss it ? :(
Everybodys is missing it a lot...some are crying:bawl: because they can't see it...You are right I didn't post it :cry: .....But you might see it soon with an incredible analyze along with it....It is awesome and funny :clown: to say the least... I even added a few things to it and it is even better...It is not the 6 millions dollar man ...It is the 25 and 30 millions double announcer grids.... :clown: :eek: :read:

Brad

mon said:
2 WINNERS OUT IN BC LATELY 17 MILLION AND THE 22 MILLION

I WONDER IF IT WAS A QUICK PICK ? :D

Combo's been keeping a low profile lately, do you think it possible ... :eek: :D

Looks like BC was on top of this draw as 2 ppl also got the $207K 6+B/7, the others were 2-Ont and 1-Que.

Last edited:
NO WAY JOSE

Right now I am a madman across the water :mad:
Speaking of wH. an old set for Feb draw had 5/13 right :mad:
Can't keep playing the same set for ages with Low amount of money :agree2:

Brad said:
One more chance after this, seem to remember $30M tho not sure ...

I THINK THUS FRIDAY IS 25 MILL...AND APRIL 11/03 IS GOING TO BE................................

30 MILLION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randal

If I don't win one of these jackpots I am gonna quit this lottery business... All I do is lose money while some *$&@)$*%&*$)@%& in Quebec/Ontario/B.C. wins my money!!! :heul:

Brad

Brad said:
... <snip> over $45M was spent last time, we may see $50M+ this draw ... mind boggling potential 75M lines will be played :dizzy:....
$55,858,386.00 actual ... go for $60M+ for this draw ? At this spending rate they should peg the JPs at $25M and forget the measly $2.5M :p:

Last edited:

Brad

Randal said:
If I don't win one of these jackpots I am gonna quit this lottery business... All I do is lose money while some *$&@)$*%&*$)@%& in Quebec/Ontario/B.C. wins my money!!! :heul:

Could this signal the end of Intuitive and QP strategy ?? :dizzy: Won't you miss the adrenaline rush ? :D

Randal

What adrenaline rush!? The vanity of this lotto is stupid, most of the time the jackpots aren't even large enough to compensate for the odds.. Not to mention the government pockets around 43% of all the money that is put into this lottery. The only reason why I started playing was because I thought I could win but so far I've just been throwing away money.

Does anyone here actually make money on the lotto?

Brad

Well, maybe a dose of reality is in order here ... you're right that the odds of winning S7 are staggering, more than 4x as high as 6/49 (as if ~14M:1 wasn't bad enough). The object here is to have fun so that's why I rarely spend more than a few bucks on the Stupor7 when I do succumb to the hype of mega* JPs ... but it's nice to fantasize**, no? ;)

* 'mega' JP by Canadian standards
** the gov't is not forcing anyone to participate

... my 2 cents

Last edited:
I see mirky water ahead for this one....we should see ....I'll wait for the complete wrap up of these announcers before showing it... :agree:

Last edited:

mello

Randal said:
What adrenaline rush!? The vanity of this lotto is stupid, most of the time the jackpots aren't even large enough to compensate for the odds.. Not to mention the government pockets around 43% of all the money that is put into this lottery. The only reason why I started playing was because I thought I could win but so far I've just been throwing away money.

Does anyone here actually make money on the lotto?

Nope... not yet, but this time was my first time playing the lotto spending $66 instead of 2 dollars. Lost $40 because of March 28, but thanks to Beaker and DennisB... I won 2x10 dollars and some free tickets! Thanks guys! Next one I am going for the 5+ and good luck to you on April 4!

mello said:
Nope... not yet, but this time was my first time playing the lotto spending $66 instead of 2 dollars. Lost $40 because of March 28, but thanks to Beaker and DennisB... I won 2x10 dollars and some free tickets! Thanks guys! Next one I am going for the 5+ and good luck to you on April 4!
It is always a pleasure to read posts like yours! The trick is to hang in there and better wins will come ... :agree2: :agree:

Beaker

mello said:

WOW :eek: :eek: Congratulations :agree2: glad to help mello :agree:

Stay tuned mello, we're going to break that one in half :lol:

Godload

The odds of winning the Lotto are very slim. I think 649 is like one in 13 million, and Super 7 is like one in 19 million. That being said, not to insult anyone, but the lotto has often been called the idiot tax by many. Reason why is that your chances of winning are astronomically against you. I believe I read a statistical analysis of your odds of winning if you buy one ticket or a thousand tickets is not that much better. If you were to buy a thosand tickets your chances of winning the big one is still less than one percent.
With that in mind, if you can't afford to play alot cash, you shouldn't because if you play one dollar or a thousand dollars your chances of winning the jackpot don't significantly improve. Play what you can afford, and only play money you don't require to maintain your lifestyle. i.e. don't play 649 or Super7 with your rent or grocery money.
I think the odds of getting struck by lightning is one in two or three thousand, and how many of us have been struck by lightning? With that in mind spend what you can afford. Even if you had played every possible combination for a particular draw you can end up in the red if there multiple winners for a jackpot.
Basically we would all be better off if we invested our lottery money in the stock market, even though stocks have been doing terrible lately. It is said if you invested five dollars a day in the stockmarket (ie saving five dollars a day and investing it monthly) in fifteen to twenty years with compounded interest you can be a millionaire. Granted this is only true if you know whats going on and you do your homework, or had an honest competent broker who invested for you. I know 15-20 years is a long time, and we live in the now generation. But look at the odds of hitting the jackpot for a particular set of numbers. I believe the chance of one set of numbers coming up was calculated at 160-180 years. Thats 2-3 generations depending on the lifedspan of individuals, and when you compare that to 15-20 years its not so bad.
Sorry I wrote this essay, but I just wanted to say don't bet your life savings on it, or get depressed because you can't spend a small fortune on the lottery because its kinda like a carrot people dangle infront of a donkey that 99.99% of people will never win. I would estimate if you played 200 dollars a week in lotto you would be lucky to win half of what you spent back because the odds of getting the upper prizes after the ten dollar prize gets more difficult statistically. With this, I am just saying play responsibly, and play with money you can afford to lose. Also in writing this post I didn't write this with the intent to offend anyone, I just wrote it in response to be informative and I think it was Randal who said he has played and only had lost money.

Sidebar