Any programers Out There

kosteczki

I am interested in getting a program created that would have the capabilities of finding different user specified patterns stats ect. aside from the usual stuff that there is out there.
For example finding the % of the whole canadian 649 history where a draw had no numbers chosen that where also chosen in the previous draw. Ect.

I would like to work with a programer to create this as a freeware program to distribute to anyone that wanted it free of course.

Any programers out there interested in this???

kosteczki said:
I am interested in getting a program created that would have the capabilities of finding different user specified patterns stats ect. aside from the usual stuff that there is out there.
For example finding the % of the whole canadian 649 history where a draw had no numbers chosen that where also chosen in the previous draw. Ect.

I would like to work with a programer to create this as a freeware program to distribute to anyone that wanted it free of course.

Any programers out there interested in this???
this sounds interesting. i might know some people!

kosteczki

I am still working on a lot of things that I would like this program to figure out but let me know if you can get in touch with someone, will to do this as a freeware project.

GillesD

Programming

kosteczki

If you ask for some specific data to be obtained from a lottery database, a few of us can provide you with the necessary information.

In my case (as well as a few other), I use Excel to maintain information on lotteries and I can provide either formulas or macros to generate what you may need. Then, it is up to you tu use it how you want.

Currently, I maintain over 15 statistics on Lotto 6/49. This includes: ratio of odd/even numbers, sums of numbers, spread between high and low numbers, ratio of low/high numbers, repeating number in successive draws, split of consecutive numbers, split of last digits, split into decades, distribution of deltas, etc.

So feel free to ask and you will probably get it fairly quickly.

kosteczki

Hey Giles thanks for the info.
I am interested in the following formulas in excel (I am still finishing up all the data entry for 649 but I can start on these)

Last digit - per draw figuring out how many entries have the same last digit.

Matching numbers - where any numbers from the last draw chosen the current draw.

Group numbers - Per draw how many numbers come from the same group (0's 10's 20's ect.

repeating number in successive draws

could you explain exactly what the following stats do.
split of consecutive numbers, split of last digits, split into decades, distribution of deltas,

and what other formulas do you have??
I am horrible with excelt formulas maybe I can learn a thing or 2.

Thank you soo much for offering the help.

johnph77

kosteczki -

Off the top -

Having just finished a crunch of the UK Thunderball game with PAB and Sammy, a couple of things concerning your wants stand out.

There are nine single-digit numbers and ten each in the other decades. Probabilities and odds will accordingly differ, as will the odds of occurances of doubles, triples, quads and quints.

The rightmost digits 1 through 9 appear five times each on the draws, the rightmost digit 0 appears only four times. Probabilities and odds will differ there as well.

gl

John

Sammy

Hi kosteczki,

kosteczki said:
I am still working on a lot of things that I would like this program to figure out but let me know if you can get in touch with someone, will to do this as a freeware project.

I do believe you've come not ONLY to the Best Lotto Forum! But to a reservoir of awesome knowledge and great team spirit!

I am not a programmer ...just a lay person trying to get a handle on the Lotto and who knows what's possible with the inspiration of this Forum?

I've received brilliant and extensive on-going help from the member's of this Forum. They are a great team!

Best Wishes with the Project.

Sammy

kosteczki

Sammy, thank you for the greeting.

John, yeah I am aware of that difference in ratios/odds. What I was mainly concerned about is seeing if there is a noticable difference between the last digit appearing 2 times in a draw to 3 or 4 or 5 or 6.
For example if I can prouve that 90% of the time the same digit doesn't repeat more than 2 times per draw I will automatically disclude any combinations out of my 12 or 14 number combos that have 3 4 5 or 6 identical digits. Hopefully this would give me an edge, eliminating certain combos would either save me some money or allow me to play more combinations.

I do understand that anything can happen, and paterns can change, that's why I need these formulas so I can get the results since the 649 started. If it prouves to be similar every year so far It's my best logical guess that it will be the same this year.

johnph77

(This post is gonna get me in a lot of trouble.....)

kosteczki -

Rightmost-digit formulas are difficult to construct, given the variables I touched on earlier. For instance, in a 6/49 lottery (excluding the bonus ball), there are nine quints possible - the digit 0 cannot appear 5 times as there are only 4 numbers (10,20,30,40) with the rightmost digit 0. Multiply nine times 44 (the count of the remaining numbers) and you'll find 396 possibilities of all 13,983,816 possibilties in the entire 6/49 matrix - that contain quints.

When you get to quads it becomes even more complicated. Taking the rightmost digit 1, the specific quads are:

01-11-21-31
01-11-21-41
01-11-31-41
01-21-31-41
11-21-31-41

So there are five quads with the rightmost digit 1. Multiply this by 9 (45 total). To calculate the total possibilities of quads you then use the remaining 44 numbers that do not contain the particular rightmost digit to make your quad a quint. The formula for calculating those possibilities is (44x43)/(1/2) or 3,784. And 3,784x9=34,056. Then and only then do you consider the lone quad with the rightmost number 0. When this quad occurs there are no other numbers that can be drawn with the rightmost digit 0 so there are 45 remaining numbers available, not 44. And the formula for drawing 2 of 45 is (45x44)/(1/2), or 3,960. In total, there are 34,056+3,960=38,016 instances of quads occuring in all possible draws. It does get complicated.

And when you get into triples and doubles the same thing will occur.

Yes, it is possible to construct the formulas. But they'd be long and involved. Personally, I would depend on programming and common sense to calculate the possibilities you seek.

gl

John

johnph77

Error correction

So there are five quads with the rightmost digit 1. Multiply this by 9 (45 total). To calculate the total possibilities of quads you then use the remaining 44 numbers that do not contain the particular rightmost digit to make your quad a quint. The formula for calculating those possibilities is (44x43)/(1/2) or 3,784. And 3,784x9=34,056. Then and only then do you consider the lone quad with the rightmost number 0. When this quad occurs there are no other numbers that can be drawn with the rightmost digit 0 so there are 45 remaining numbers available, not 44. And the formula for drawing 2 of 45 is (45x44)/(1/2), or 3,960. In total, there are 34,056+3,960=38,016 instances of quads occuring in all possible draws. It does get complicated.

The correct multiplier is 45, not 9. Therefore, the number of quads that can occur is calculated as:

3,784x45=170,280+3,960=174,240.

Sorry for any misinterpretation.

John

kosteczki

wow thx.
But what I would really like to do is have a formula that would look at the 6 drawn numbers for a draw and tell me if in these 6 cells there are 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 cells that have the same ending number.

PAB

Welcome to the Board kosteczki.
You will Find a Wealth of Knowledge & Information in the Numerous Threads.

Another Great Post as Usual johnph77 ( Correction Included in Quote ). :agree2:

johnph77 said:
(This post is gonna get me in a lot of trouble.....)

kosteczki -

Rightmost-digit formulas are difficult to construct, given the variables I touched on earlier. For instance, in a 6/49 lottery (excluding the bonus ball), there are nine quints possible - the digit 0 cannot appear 5 times as there are only 4 numbers (10,20,30,40) with the rightmost digit 0. Multiply nine times 44 (the count of the remaining numbers) and you'll find 396 possibilities of all 13,983,816 possibilties in the entire 6/49 matrix - that contain quints.

When you get to quads it becomes even more complicated. Taking the rightmost digit 1, the specific quads are:

01-11-21-31
01-11-21-41
01-11-31-41
01-21-31-41
11-21-31-41

So there are five quads with the rightmost digit 1. Multiply this by 9 (45 total). To calculate the total possibilities of quads you then use the remaining 44 numbers that do not contain the particular rightmost digit to make your quad a quint. The formula for calculating those possibilities is (44x43)/(1/2) or 3,784. And 3,784x45=170,280+3,960=174,240. Then and only then do you consider the lone quad with the rightmost number 0. When this quad occurs there are no other numbers that can be drawn with the rightmost digit 0 so there are 45 remaining numbers available, not 44. And the formula for drawing 2 of 45 is (45x44)/(1/2), or 3,960. In total, there are 34,056+3,960=38,016 instances of quads occuring in all possible draws. It does get complicated.

And when you get into triples and doubles the same thing will occur.

Yes, it is possible to construct the formulas. But they'd be long and involved. Personally, I would depend on programming and common sense to calculate the possibilities you seek.

gl

John
kosteczki, did you Find what you were Looking for Or Anything Useful in the Link Posted by johnph77?.

Maybe this Thread Better Belongs in "Lotto Software".
Maybe LT could Move it Please.

All the Best.
PAB
:wavey:

Last edited:

bloubul

Any programmers Out There

GillesD

If possible will you provide me the following macro's please.

1. spread between high and low numbers.
2. ratio of low/high numbers.
3. repeating number in successive draws.
4. split of consecutive numbers.
5. split into decades.

Thanks in advance

BlouBul :cool:

egulbino

ewa

Hi
I have started very detailed program in VB (in 2001) and I had some results, I have never finished it, but it has may statistics that I had no seen nowhere. I can finish this program - is not compiled, because I made changes all the time. But it would not be free, this is a lot of time that is been put right in to, therefore a symbolic pay must be contributed. Ewa

kosteczki

If there was a symbolic pay how much are you thinking of, and would i have the rights to distribute this software to others for FREE.

And if you want could you email me the type of features currently included in the software.

I hope i don't get in trouble for posting my email.

<<< posting of email addresses are not allowed >>>

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

egulbino

egulbino

hello again

I did not intend to let it go for a symbolic price for one person and let it go for free after. I have put around 150 hours of work, But right now, I think I will move this to basic NET and let use people righ from the internet. They will create their own portal with passwords and have an acces to it with symbolic $2-3 per month. This way if some one do not like these futures I will offer, do not have to use. I will get back shortly on that- in the time we may discuss the wish list that you want to implement. This may not be ready before Christmas, as I am busy with my daily work. Sincerely Ewa

madam

Excel

Giles:-} I would guess that your excell data sheets would b e of benefit to one using Ontario 49. Where on the Post does one obtain your data sheets? I'm still new to all the benefits of the Post or would LT be of use to me in that regard. I'm a little tired using pencil, paper and a ruler to get the results that are of some benefit but it would be a nice thing to see the numbers form into an array with the push of key. Please, madam

Hi kosteczki !

It's very much interesting to see your posting and your ambition to help lotto649 community. As myself being a 649 favourite, for my own use I've designed a Excel template for that analysis. Can u suggest where can I post that one!
Good thought!
Lottomaniac649:)

Sidebar