And The Winner Is OLG

ss_jagger

No Jackpot winner last night so once again OLG is the big winner.

Last nights Lotto Max Draw the Jackpot was $50,000,000 + 50 x $1,000,000 Maxmillions

Total Winnings Paid Out ---- $32,141,994.80
Total Sales -------------------$75,926,135.00

OLG Profit --------------------$43,784,140.20

And OLG is wondering why they have declining sales.......

Next Fridays Jackpot is $50,000,000 + 50 x $1,000,000 Maxmillions

blitzed

hiya ss_jagger, bummer! and skimming their site I see this:

#LOTTO MAX jackpots are getting bigger! Beginning with the draw on July 17, 2015, the Main Jackpot will be able to reach $60 million instead of the current $50 million.

later,
blitzed:spiny:

ss_jagger

I should have said the Lottery Corporations profit was $43,784,140.20, not just OLG profit.

I wonder how they split the profit, must be based on number of ticket sales per province.

Don't matter Blitzed, people will still not be interested. Odds are too high (85,000,000/1) and secondary prizes suck.

cdrake

That's why, I think, most people only play this lottery when its up around 50 million. I know at work we only throw some money at it when there are also those extra million dollar prizes being offered. And I agree the secondary prizes are an absolute joke. I mean c'mon a free play for a three number winner and twenty dollar prize for a four, and around a hundred bucks for a five number winner. Another turn off is that in Quebec you can select your own three combo ticket for five bucks while in the rest of Canada you can only select one of the combinations and then take two of their QP's.

Icewynd

cdrake said:
That's why, I think, most people only play this lottery when its up around 50 million. I know at work we only throw some money at it when there are also those extra million dollar prizes being offered. And I agree the secondary prizes are an absolute joke. I mean c'mon a free play for a three number winner and twenty dollar prize for a four, and around a hundred bucks for a five number winner. Another turn off is that in Quebec you can select your own three combo ticket for five bucks while in the rest of Canada you can only select one of the combinations and then take two of their QP's.

Agree completely, Cdrake! Our work group also only plays once the JP hits $50 Million. And, I used to work in Quebec where I enjoyed picking my own numbers. I just don't understand why the rest of the country can't have that perk.

Good luck!
:thumb:

Icewynd

We must always keep in mind that the Lottery is just a money-producing activity by the Province. That's why they are so protective of their monopoly on gambling.

The odds are against us and the state wins every draw. Those are the rules of the game. Accept them, or quit playing.

Sidebar