All Possible Sums

bloubul

Any One...

Is there a formula or macro that I can use to give me all the "Possible Sums" of 5 and 6 numbers... Pick 5 nrs are.. 2 16 18 20 24... and pick 6 nrs are... 2 7 11 18 20 38. I would like to know the sum for 2 numbers, 3 numbers and 4 numbers any way possible... The pick 5 numbers are in Column A2:E2 and down, pick 6 numbers are in column A2:F2 and down

BlouBul :cool:

Icewynd

So you want to know the sums of 2+16,2+18, 2+20, 2+24, 16+18, 16+20, 16+24...20+24, 2+16+18, etc.?

Why not set up an excel sheet to sum the cells where the numbers are placed? It would take a little bit to set up, but then you can just plug in your current numbers to get the sums.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Frank

You would be wise to get clear in your head how many combinations of additions are involved for each process, and make yourself a guide table of which columns to add up for the two different formats pick five and pick six.

So for your Pick five, you will need 10 cells adding up the sums of any two digits:-

AB AC AD AE
BC BD BE
CD CE
DE

The pairs of letters represent the columns you will add, so AB means add the value in column A to value in column B. The ten additions will all be on the same row, not as shown here in their logical development formation.

for the Sums of any three digits you will need:- 10 cells like this :-

ABC ACD ADE ACE
BCD BDE BEA
CBE CDE
DAB

so you add values in cols A,B and C for the ABC etc. with the cells all on the same row.

For the sums of four digits you will need only 5 cells on the row, here is the structure:-

ABCD ACDE ABDE
ABCE BCDE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the pick six "sums of any two" you need15 cells to do the adding:-

AB AC AD AE AF
BC BD BE BF
CD CE CF
DE DF
EF

For the pick six "sums of any three" you need 20 cells adding up three columns as below:-

ABC ACD ACE ADE ACF ADF AEF
BCD BCF BDE BEF BEA
CBE CBF CDE CEF
DAB DBF DEF
FAB

and for the sums of any four, fifteen adding cells all in one row :-

ABCD ABDF ABEF ACDE ACDF ACEF ADEF
BCDF BCEF BDAE BDEF BEAC
CBAF CBDE CDEF

You might be wise to use those letters as headings for each column, so you know what you are adding up !

I hope this helps ! :)

Sidebar