a wheel of 2

Hi Icewynd,

Thanks for your interest.
Sure, I have done more testings regarding my approach and I am still in the process of learning and finding out as much as possible.

The day after my last post there was (bonus included):

Repeat = 0
Cold (or LS) = 1
Adj = 3
Warm (or <9) = 3

I feel pretty confident about these groups and their averages while backtracking.
I also track the history of each group in terms of due or hot.

At this stage I am trying to merge as much methods as possible to eliminate numbers.
I got to a point where it is more about finding out which numbers might not hit, then to look for numbers that might hit.

Again, it is a method you can apply if you feel allright with the idea of using past results as a setting to decide your next moves.

All the best,
Bob

Icewynd

foreverbob said:
Repeat = 0
Cold (or LS) = 1
Adj = 3
Warm (or <9) = 3

That's what we're looking for! In a review of my Canadian 6/49 game, I found that (just looking at repeats/adjacents) it will happen about once a year, with 5 numbers about 10 times a year. The addition of the long shots would obviously up that total.

It gives the opportunity to win some nice prizes if you can nail down a good way to wheel those numbers.

How are you choosing from amongst the "warm" numbers? :beer:

Icewynd,

The group of warm numbers is the biggest.
I use several charts to eliminate numbers.
For example (If using GH adv+software or any other lotto tracking software):
When using a skip due chart, I look at the higher skipgroups that are out more than average.
If skipgroup 8 (games out) has had 5 hits already in the past 9 games, then I might exclude the numbers belonging to skipgroup 8.
I definitely use keynumbers. If I dont find any keynumbers, I prefer not to play.
My best keynumbers are found in the hit chart. I track the upper 2 to 3 tiers and select the best numbers, after deciding wether or not to use repeats or cold numbers instead.

Best regards,
Bob

Icewynd

foreverbob said:
My best keynumbers are found in the hit chart. I track the upper 2 to 3 tiers and select the best numbers, after deciding wether or not to use repeats or cold numbers instead.

Hi Bob,

I'm not a GH user, so could you explain what the 'tiers' are and how I could identify them in my excel-based approach?

I have been looking at this 'skip less than 8 games' filter for a long time, as it is quite frequent to get all 6 numbers in that group, but it also tends to be the majority of the numbers. I haven't figured a way to reliably cut down on that group. Repeats and adjacents are obviously a big piece of the puzzle.

Hi Icewynd,

The hit chart indicates the amount of times each number has come out. I normaly look at past 50, then past 25 and watch the numbers with the highest amount of hits.
For example: there are numbers that hit 13, 12 and 11 times. Those are the upper tiers.
I usualy track around 10 numbers. I choose the numbers that hit most. Sooner or later you will have a hit on one of these numbers. It happens pretty frequently.

I use skip charts for many reasons, but I never focus on skips alone. When I need to eleminate some numbers, I look at a skipgroups that don't look favorable no more.
Like a high (7, 8 or 9) skipgroup hitting above average in past 10 games, gives me a reason to discard those numbers.
When a few skipgroups have remained unhit consecutively, then I will use those numbers for sure.

At the end I mark all interesting numbers in my 4 main groups, so I can then choose the best numbers I feel comfortable with.

Icewynd

OK, so "upper tier" numbers are just those that have been hitting most frequently over a given time frame. I already track numbers in that fashion so I will go into my data and have a look.

Thanks for your help, :thumb:

Regarding skipgroups, you mean the category of numbers that hit after 7,8,9 misses getting more hits than you would expect over a series of games? I have noticed that sometimes you will get a run of hits or misses in these categories and this is one statistic that I view also.

Good luck with your number hunting.

Hi Icewynd,

About skips:

Lower skipnumbers tend to have more numbers, because the higher the skip group the higher the chance those numbers have been drawn before.
So skipgroup 0 has always 6 numbers in a 6/49 lets say.
Skipgroups 7, 8 or 9 have less numbers.

In the past 10 games for example, we count how many times a skipgroup has hit.
Like that we can see which skip is due. But also which skip is actualy more hot that average.

If, lets say, skipgroup 8 has 5 hits in the past 10 games, it would be above average, so it would be a good moment to think wether or not to include numbers of skipgorup 8 in our next draw.
When you track this into history, you'll see that higher skipgroups dont have many hits in past 10 games.

Best regards,
Bob

Icewynd

Completely agree, Bob. I think we track the numbers in a very similar fashion.

You need to reduce the size of the playset in some reliable fashion. I get an average of 33 numbers played in the last 6 games, 37 numbers played in the last 8 games and an additonal 8 numbers that have been missing for between 9 and 15 games (the "long shots"). Even with some intelligent pruning (repeats, adjacents, skip categories) you are still left with quite a large group of numbers, say half the field.

So, it all comes down to wheeling. The choice is a very big and expensive wheel that gives good coverage, or a cheaper wheel that only gives a few combinations.

Pick your poison! :sick:

Hi Icewynd,

Yes indeed, after arranging all numbers into their groups, its all about number elimination if you want to wheel lesser numbers.
It is not an easy task, and it also varies from draw to draw.
Sometimes some methods are not applicable, while others are best to play.
I believe its good to refer to a few charts when tracking numbers.
Then crosschecking several charts will give you numbers that match and numbers that dont match on other charts.
This could work for number elimination and the total opposite of that when looking for keynumbers.

Bob

PAB

Hi foreverbob,

foreverbob said:
Pitty we can't upload excel files.
I don't know at what stage you are with regard to this at the moment but I think this is quite interesting.
There is a FREE Cloud storage site that will make it possible to upload your SpreadSheet and to share it with interested people.
The site is:

www.mediafire.com

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Thanks Pab,

Good idea, we can use that tool very well.
Regarding this post, when I first started tracking dynamic groups like Repeat, Cold, Warm and Adjacent numbers every draw, I verified that there is a very significant trend we can follow.
The most dificult part was to match the right numbers.
This kind of tracking is useful when it comes down down to for example:
How many Cold numbers should I best inlcude in my every ticket for next coming draw, and not which Cold numbers should I best include.
I still use this as a background together with other methods.

All the best,
Bob

PAB

Hi foreverbob,

foreverbob said:
Thanks Pab,

Good idea, we can use that tool very well.
You're welcome!

I would be interested in having a look at your SpreadSheet if you intend to upload it.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi foreverbob,

PAB said:
I would be interested in having a look at your SpreadSheet if you intend to upload it.
Have you had any thoughts on doing this?

Regards,
PAB

Hi Pab,

Sorry didnt log in for a long period of time.
Im in the process of blending the best systems I use, together and its a hell of a job.
I will upload something I came up with soon, so you guys can take a look at it and post your comments.

I'll sure keep you posted on this one!

Bob

PAB

Hi foreverbob,

foreverbob said:
Sorry didnt log in for a long period of time.
Im in the process of blending the best systems I use, together and it's a hell of a job.
I will upload something I came up with soon, so you guys can take a look at it and post your comments.

I'll sure keep you posted on this one!
Not a problem Bob, I look forward to seeing it.

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Hi Bob,

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you have come up with. You always seem to have a different take on the numbers and I always learn something by reading your posts. :agree:

PAB

Hi foreverbob,

foreverbob said:
Just out of interest, what format are you using for your data, Excel or something else?

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar