6/49 Lotto by 7 Groups

Icewynd

Lately, I have been dividing my 6/49 Lotto (Ontario 49) into seven groups of 7 numbers as a way of helping me understand what the numbers might do next :lol3:

I have uploaded an excel file with my data and basic layout so that you can see what I am doing:

ON49 by Seven Groups.xlxs

http://www.mediafire.com/?quggs7u1a1uwq1y

You will notice that several of these groups are missing from each game -- the average is 3 groups missing, so we could be playing a 6/28 game if we could time the play of 3 missing groups and choose the right 3! Four missing groups presents an even better opportunity and occurs about once a month, on average.

One thing that I have noticed is that these groups often cluster together -- 3 missing groups might include 2 consecutive groups (eg. Group1, Group2) or even 3 consecutives on occasion. Also, the missing groups often repeat at least one missing group from the previous game. If I could count these bits of information they would be puzzle pieces that could help figure out the likely possibilities for the next game.

Can you help with counting the consecutives and repeat missing groups? I have tried some things, but can't seem to make it work.

Thanks, :thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

How about something like the uploaded file below.
I have copied part of my consecutives analysis from my DataBase across and adjusted the formulas accordingly, so it is not pretty but just done to get the results for Consecutive Groups Analysis.
Just add your totals analysis as you require!
Please have a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/khhj9ljyitb4qla/MediaFire_-_Icewynd_-_ON49_By_Seven_Groups.xlsx

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I went ahead and did some Consecutive Groups Analysis number crunching.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ogasl2zvcb2p62y/MediaFire_-_Icewynd_-_ON49_By_Seven_Groups_v2.0.xlsx

Please have a look and tell me what you think.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

That's awesome, PAB! :party: Thanks a lot.

Also, I meant to ask you, is there anyway that I can assign group membership through the Groups that I have listed in the top left-hand corner (A4:H10) rather than the HLOOKUP that I am using now?

:thumb:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
That's awesome, PAB!
You're very welcome!

Icewynd said:
Also, I meant to ask you, is there anyway that I can assign group membership through the Groups that I have listed in the top left-hand corner (A4:H10) rather than the HLOOKUP that I am using now?
Yes, put this formula in cell J14 and copy it across and down as far as needed...

=IF(B14=0,"",IF(B14<=7,1,IF(B14<=14,2,IF(B14<=21,3,IF(B14<=28,4,IF(B14<=35,5,IF(B14<=42,6,IF(B14<=49,7))))))))

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Fantastic! Works like a charm.

I should have thought of that myself, for some reason I was fixated on some sort of LOOKUP solution.

Thanks, Mate :beer:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Fantastic! Works like a charm.
You're very welcome :thumb: .

You could also setup 7 cells, one for each group and containing the upper value for each of those groups, Then you could just use the cell references in the formulas, this way you would not have to physically change the formula, just the 7 cells containg the upper values for each.
Just an idea.

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar